Blue tooth ?

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

captaincable
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1050

Blue tooth ?

Post by captaincable »

Would like to find an inexpensive way to bluetooth my iphone for music and GPS without buying a new helmet, do not want to waste money on junk either.
Thanks for any input., Also anybody's experience good or bad or find the systems to be unsafe or annoying.
Mike
gaijin
Lifer
Donating Member #: 590

Re: Blue tooth ?

Post by gaijin »

captaincable wrote:Would like to find an inexpensive way to bluetooth my iphone for music and GPS without buying a new helmet, do not want to waste money on junk either.
Thanks for any input., Also anybody's experience good or bad or find the systems to be unsafe or annoying.
Mike

Got me a SMH10 Bluetooth over two years now, used on Iphone, Navi and other Android phones. No Problems.

Not too expensive, $150 or less on Amazon.
2002 R1150R (Lifer # 590)
1999 1200 Sportster Sport
IBA#33025
captaincable
Basic User

Post by captaincable »

Thanks for the reply, have been looking at those units, am wondering how the speakers work they look large , any issues putting your helmet on?
Thanks again
Mike
Newportcycle
Basic User

Post by Newportcycle »

I'll second the SMH10, nice bit of kit. I wear a Shoei and it has cutouts in the foam just the right size for the speakers, no issues getting it on and off. Wife is actuall impressed with the phone sound qualitity as Im riding up to 75mph clear as a bell. Over that speed and its noisy and music is pretty much a no go.
captaincable
Basic User

Post by captaincable »

Thanks , that unit is on the short list don't think I will be riding over 75mph and using the phone :D
Mike
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

I picked up a pair of closeout Scala Q2's from motorcyclegear.com (used to be NewEnough.com) a couple of years ago.
Had to be a mistake as I was on the email list, and I jumped on them in minutes, and in no time after I ordered them, the price jumped.
$170, yup $170 for 2.

I got them to train my son how to ride real time, but they do the Bluetooth telephone thing well.
Answering calls while riding your bike is a neat trick.

The only issue is getting them to stay stuck on as I am a gorilla with helmets.
My kids has not budged, me, not so much.
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.