Rockster wanted in UK

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Andrew s
Basic User

Rockster wanted in UK

Post by Andrew s »

Just missed out on a Rockster last week as I had to go away and the owner had another buyer :(

I have been searching all the normal sites in the UK for another bike, but not found anything suitable. Does anybody know of one for sale in their local bike shop or is there anybody out there contemplating selling theirs.

Thanks,
Andrew
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Rockster wanted in UK

Post by riceburner »

I take it you've tried biketrader.co.uk?

normally one or two around. But you might have to travel to get it.

Where are you? If you hear of one in the South East (and you're not in this area), let me know, I might be able to go look at it for you.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Yes looked at Biketrader, MCN and eBay. There are a couple about and might follow up on one on eBay.

I live in Scotland, but will travel for the right bike.

Thanks for the offer Ricey will bear it in mind.
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Still looking and need to find the right bike by February.
rocky2ie
Basic User

Post by rocky2ie »

How about this one? Wer'e not that far away over here. http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-s ... er/5790544
I had thought about selling my own but a friend said he wants first refusal. They really are an underrated bike and not too plentyful either.
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Hi Rocky,

Thanks for the link, wonder how easy it would be to sort out delivery and registration.

I've just found a bike I'm in the process of enquiring about, but will keep that one in mind.

Thanks again,
Andrew
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Looks like I found a Rockster, collecting it on Tuesday I hope, weather got great so will trailer it back.
rocky2ie
Basic User

Post by rocky2ie »

Best of luck with it, let us know what you think of it and maybe stick up a pic or two. :)
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Will do Rocky, had one for a short time before, will post up some photos, only has 3000 miles on clock so should be like new. It's black/bronze in colour.
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Andrew s wrote:Will do Rocky, had one for a short time before, will post up some photos, only has 3000 miles on clock so should be like new. It's black/bronze in colour.
Only 3000 miles??

blimey.

First thing to do when you get it is cut all the cable ties that clamp the wiring to the head-stock (if this hasn't been done). Do a search in the R1100R part of the forum for an image that shows this clearly.

Second - get yourself some ACF-50 and spray it into the rear wheel hub - ie, the hole in the centre of the rear wheel (as seen from the left side of the bike). This area tends to trap water when washed and so corrodes something rotten. I'd also advise finding something to plug that hole!

Best of luck with it - hope it's a good one!
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Cheers Ricey, not the best weather to collect it, but needs must.

Bike has GS handguards, centre stand and panniers and all old MOT's to verify mileage so pleased.

Will check out the pic about cutting cable ties, does this help with steering?

All I want now is a 'Y' piece and Baglux tank cover.

Andrew
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Andrew s wrote: Will check out the pic about cutting cable ties, does this help with steering?
Doesn't help the steering - but prevents the wiring being stressed from the movement around the headstock.
Andrew s wrote: All I want now is a 'Y' piece and Baglux tank cover.

Andrew
Just take the OE can off (put a slash-cut tip on the catalyser exit pipe) and you can then fit a larger pannier on the left.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Collected bike, only 2900 miles on the clock and been serviced every year with full documentation to prove, servicing comes to far more than I bought the bike for :D

Will post pics after I clean it from its wet journey home.

Can't find the picture about cutting the cable ties on the wire harness, anybody got a clue where to find it.
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Andrew s wrote:Collected bike, only 2900 miles on the clock and been serviced every year with full documentation to prove, servicing comes to far more than I bought the bike for :D

Will post pics after I clean it from its wet journey home.

Can't find the picture about cutting the cable ties on the wire harness, anybody got a clue where to find it.

Look in the R1100R forum and search for 'cable tie' , 'wire-clip' , 'stem' - you'll find it.

Just remembered as well - there was an update to the left side (IIRC) cam-chain tensioner that isn't exactly necessary, but it will quieten the bike a little.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Andrew s
Basic User

Post by Andrew s »

Will search further, on starting up the bike was quiet, in fact quieter than what I remember the boxer engine to sound like and i've had a few.

Posting some pictures up on new post.