2002 R1150R clutch bleed

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

2fast2
Basic User

2002 R1150R clutch bleed

Post by 2fast2 »

Hello,
My son picked up this bike last fall and we are doing basic maintenance. Yesterday, I flushed the non-ABS brake systems without incident, and the fluid was dirty. I"m sure the clutch hydraulics also need a flush, but I can't find where they bleed. According to my Clymer's manual, the hose with the grub screw should be attached to the left frame near the rear shock, but I don't see it.
Can anyone guide me to it's location so I can do this service? edit-- never mind, found it on the opposite side from where Clymer's showed it.
Also, I'm guessing the transmission and rear drives may need service. The bike has 9900 miles, two previous owners, and judging from the look of the brake fluid, there may have been some skipped services (other than oil changes which I have receipts for.) What lube should I use for the transmission and rear drive, given that BMW is well over an hour away? Would Mobil 1 75-90 synthetic be appropriate? We have auto parts stores and Wally World nearby, so if possible, that is where I'd like to go for supplies.
Thanks in advance.
Jim