screens

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

ericatcse
Basic User

screens

Post by ericatcse »

Which screens are available I hope to be buying a Rockster next week really looking forward to it!
Cheers :D
Andrew s
Basic User

Re: screens

Post by Andrew s »

Have a Wunderlich screen fitted to mine which works really well and looks great, I think :D
Scota
Basic User

Post by Scota »

I have this one..Just ask there.
Fauster
Basic User

Post by Fauster »

I scored the BMW touring windscreen off ebay last week and will be installing it this weekend for a trial. Looks like the hardest part will be getting the one instrument pod bolts removed since I stripped the torx head yesterday. :evil: Damn things were really corroded in place.

This is the time of year that I enjoy riding with my visor cracked and the lack of a screen has my eyes watering. We'll see if the BMW screen is the answer.
2004 Citrus Green Rockster, 2005 F650GS
ericatcse
Basic User

Post by ericatcse »

Well I bought an Isotta screen from Italy off e bay, it all looked to be excellent quality, the plexiglas screen is thick and of good quality and the fittings looked good, the instructions were "in italian" and made very little sense. It took ages to get the right combination as the fittings didn't want to match up and the powder coating was in places just that. So it was fitted eventually and it looks good. In use it is very noisy so its a mixed reaction.
Rocky rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Rocky rider »

I have just fitted a Ztechnic screen to mine today and I am very pleased with it. It was very easy to fit and it makes the ride much more comfortable.

Apparently this screen is the one that BMW used to supply as the official accessory for the Rockster.
2003 Rockster (Citrus Metallic). (Replaced a R1200C Classic)
1989 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast
dustburm
Basic User

Post by dustburm »

I purchased my rockster used with the Ztechnic screen. 24k miles later. It's a great around town, freeway, 200 or 300 miler for Arizona.

It's a bit low for buggy or rainy riding based on where the stuff hits me (smack dab in the face shield). When I encounter bugs big enough for tail numbers or rain I flatten out on the tank which is OK for short periods of time. I briefly contemplated riding from AZ to Wis this next week but the amout of morning and night bugs combined with the thought of a 2 or 3 hour rain ride put me off 'the big 1700 mile adventure'. Maybe a fall leaf trip might suit me better.

In days gone by I rode my 850 Suzuki all over the place behind my Windjammer and my trash bag and rubber band 'lowers'.

Dusty
Fauster
Basic User

Post by Fauster »

The rains finally stopped long enough for me to take the Rockster out for a spin with the BMW touring screen installed. It definitely reduces the amount of air hitting my chest but it directs the air right at the middle of my visor. Any speeds over 45 mph cause the air to slam my visor shut.

Time to experiment with various deflectors to see if I can't get the air to the top of my helmet.
2004 Citrus Green Rockster, 2005 F650GS