The oll' ABS power pack

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

spoon
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

The oll' ABS power pack

Post by spoon »

04 Rock with 50,000miles. It got to the point that when applying the front brake it would lock up, then releasing the lever to get the wheel turning again and reapplying the brake all I got was residual. Blinking lights 7 & 8 (lights on the dash as shown in the owners manual). If I released the brakes after 5 to 10 seconds the flashing lights of out and the power pack seems to reset. Rear brake seemed to work normally. Sooo I gave up on this bad idea and did the extraction. The only issue I had was connecting the front lines. I had to make a bracket to move the junction forward about 2 inches so the lines would not bind with full fork turn. I made a bracket and bolted the brain part of the power pack to the right side of the power pack space. Made a plug and sealed the brain to the bracked. I'll try to post photo's. Every thing works fine. Brake modulation is easer and lever effort is easy as well.
vwdoctor
Basic User

Re: The oll' ABS power pack

Post by vwdoctor »

Same here. I think I used one of the leftover horn brackets to extend the mounting point. love the brake
04 Rockster (non ABS, single spark)
91 K75RT

I want to be unique, just like everybody else.