Road light mounts under the coolers?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

skylarmav1
Basic User

Re: Road light mounts under the coolers?

Post by skylarmav1 »

Hey Endgame-what is the cleat like device with the little drill bits in the pic on your picture page?
Thx.
Skylarmav1
gregor
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by gregor »

Exactly as Riceburner says.
In the UK the head light has a dual filament bulb. One we call dipped beam (when the beam is directed to fall on the road as to not dazzle oncoming motorists or shine onto their interior mirrors) and the other filament is called high beam (this pretty well projects a beam at a much higher angle and would seriously dazzle any one on front). I think you Yanks are taking the p*ss out of us Brits- a Toyota rental car I had in California had a system exactly as I describe. 8)
2002 black 180 degree single spark V twin
Endgame
Basic User

Post by Endgame »

skylarmav1 wrote:Hey Endgame-what is the cleat like device with the little drill bits in the pic on your picture page?
Thx.
Skylarmav1
Hmmmm...... Do you mean the 8" exhaust tip with the 2 stainless pop-rivets?
Now 2004 BMW R1150R-2013 Suzuki DR650
Before BMW R100/7-MotoGuzzi V7 850GT-Suzuki GS750-Honda CB500
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

I just recently mounted some Modo Moto lights directly under the oil cooler covers like Endgame and like the result, although I haven't done any night riding since the install to check out the effect. I reinforced both sides of the whole with stout rubber washers, sandwiched by big stainless steel ones. Seems to work nicely. Certainly has a nice daytime effect!

One thing I hope works, is the possibility of reaching down while riding to readjust the angle just a bit, especially while riding in deer country, to light up the shoulder!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
craigd
Basic User

Post by craigd »

Endgame,
Since the subject of your exhaust tip came up, I was wondering if you could provide information about where you got it and any sizing/manufacturer/part number info that would allow me to be sure I was getting the same one.

Many thanks,
Craig
Endgame
Basic User

Post by Endgame »

craigd wrote:Endgame,
Since the subject of your exhaust tip came up, I was wondering if you could provide information about where you got it and any sizing/manufacturer/part number info that would allow me to be sure I was getting the same one.

Many thanks,
Craig
It’s a polished, 16 gauge, 304 stainless ’Turndown Hot Tip’ from Rodshop. It’s not cheap at $60.00 but good quality. Part# HT175TD
They also sent me the stainless rivets when I told him my application.
Find it here:
http://www.stainlesssteelmufflers.com/tips.htm
Now 2004 BMW R1150R-2013 Suzuki DR650
Before BMW R100/7-MotoGuzzi V7 850GT-Suzuki GS750-Honda CB500
craigd
Basic User

Post by craigd »

Endgame,
Thank you again. You rock!

Cheers,
Craig
skylarmav1
Basic User

Post by skylarmav1 »

No. It was either the last or close to last pic. Did not look like a cap or muffler anything to me. Please check your last couple of photos. Thx.
SkyMav