2015 Bash May 15-17, Staunton Virginia

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Re: 2015 Bash May 15-17, Staunton Virginia

Post by machew01 »

I'm still working on the password problem for the link to my photos.
Apparently, the SmugMug upgrade was not an improvement.

mac
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

I forgot to download pictures at home and the work security system seems to be blocking Smugmug for me, so Phil, hang on till tonight and I will post a couple of pics. Vince took more than me!

Just for fun, I might post a few from Bash 1, 12 years ago!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by jb44 »

Boxer wrote:Great pictures guys! Anyone else take any scenic shots, post'em up somewhere and give us a link. I need a few for the slide show still.
Phil, I have a few. No internet access at the cabin. Should get them uploaded by tomorrow,

Enjoyed seeing everyone once again.

jb
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Doubting that a West Coast Bash will happen again.
If by chance the 2016 Bash relocates to Central time zone, then I might be able to attend!
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

I have been pathetic in taking pictures lately at our gatherings. But here is some from this year's Bash.

Carlos at the top of Snowshoe:

Me and Vince at Seneca Rocks. (Compare to avatar photo!)

Me on the Appalachian Trail crossing on 130 above Natural Bridge. I hiked across this road in 1977 doing the AT. I looked different then! :lol:

Vann - Lifer No. 295
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

And for fun, some photos from Bash No. 1 in 2003! See if you recognize some faces from this year!

In Natahala Gorge Parking lot:

The parking lot during the infamous run to Fat Buddies BBQ:

At the overlook on "The Dragon":

Parking lot at dinner Saturday night:

12 years of good rides and good times!
Vann - Lifer No. 295
chibbert
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 202

Post by chibbert »

Vann - this was my first year to ever see Seneca Rocks. I've heard those words out of your mouth for years and could tell you really liked that place. Now I see why. Also - congrats on a good kid. Vince seems like a fine fellow.
2004 R1150RS
jb44
Double Lifer

Post by jb44 »

Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

I wound up with a few more very cool photos this morning from JB and Mac. When I created the slide for photo credits, I did not have all names available so I had to just put "Others"....then, well, I was too lazy to go back and change it. But this slideshow has pics from a number of people and from several locations and times other than this past weekend. Just call it artistic license. Hope you enjoy it. I tried to surpass or at least equal the Marlinton slide show, which stands out as the most inspirational...so far.

And remember, this is made with Flash, so unless you have the Flash player app, your ipad will not show it. I think that stems from some big business pissin' contest from way back between Apple and Adobe, but just view it on your Bill Gates machine and you should be fine.

Beakster Bash XII Slide Show
jb44
Double Lifer

Post by jb44 »

Great slideshow.

Thomas Jefferson was taller than I remembered....

=D>

jb
SteveK
Basic User

Post by SteveK »

looks great Phil, thanks for putting it together :)
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Fabulous Bash, Wayne you deserve great credit for the preparation and oversight of a really exceptional event. Watching Boxer's slide show brought back a lot of great memories of a too-short event. Made it home safe & sound after an incomparable overnight of Southern Hospitality in Gaskins Court. Looking forward to a decent rear shock in the next week or so, until next time ....
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

As Marty said, his son Mike started the process of putting the rain suit back in the raffle pool. I got it the second time and then gave it to Rob whereupon he gave it away. That makes all three of us nice guys I suppose :D

At the end of the day, what keeps me coming to the Bash is the fellowship. Living in VA, I have access to good roads on any given weekend. Looking forward to Hungry Mother (if it's in September - I'll be riding West in August), and Bash 2016.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

I'm so glad that all enjoyed the weekend! Daryl I really enjoyed our dinner Friday evening and very happy you and your lovely wife enjoyed Staunton. I did most of my growing up here and doubt I'll ever leave. The weather cooperated and I think everyone enjoyed their rides and the dinner Saturday evening. I went home Saturday night and pretty well crashed. I don't think I stirred till after 10 the next morning!

I think now I'm ready for a weekend camping trip........Senaca Rocks or maybe Watoga. Anyone interested?
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

Van,
Your fast black bike and my quick blue bike made the first Bash in Topoco and the latest one in Staunton! Your pictures bring back memories of lot of great Bash's. My yellow Stich isn't so yellow anymore, but it's still going strong just like my R1150.
Maybe we should return to Deals Gap next year. The first one set the tone for great riding venues for all the following Bash's.
It was good to see everyone and it was a lot of fun.
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

As everyone knows I was the lucky winner of the GT Air Helmet offered by Frontline Eurosports. I rode pretty close to their store on the way home on Sunday but they were not open on Sunday. I knew that before so I didn't bother to stop in personally to retrieve my prize.

Upon arriving home, the following week I phoned them to see if it would be possible to ship it to me. Vann (not OUR Vann), who works in parts and apparel, assured me he had one on the shelf right in front of him in the right size and he would find a box and ship it in the next day or so. I believe that discussion was on a Thursday.

A week and a half pass by and no helmet arrives. I telephone the store again this past Monday, I believe it was, or Tuesday maybe. Anyway, Vann was not there, but another fellow whose name I neglected to get, told me he would take my name and talk to Vann upon his return. Today is Friday and still no helmet.

I just spoke to Vann on the phone, after my third call, and he says he has had a hard time finding a box to ship it in. What can I say? I find it difficult to believe that he has not been able to procure a box for shipment in two weeks time. At any rate, I will wait again until next Monday or Tuesday before calling again, but it appears Frontline Eurosports is giving me the old "runaround". If any of you guys who live in that vicinity happen to be in that store, would you please ask Vann, or better still, Chip Huff, if they indeed intend to give that helmet as a prize or was it just a ruse.

Thanks
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Phil, I know both Chip and his father Hugh. I will contact them personally and get this expedited. I'm sorry for the confusion and delay.

Wayne

edit--just sent Chip an email.....I'll let you know as soon as he responds.
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Phil--

Heard from Hugh Huff with Frontline, he apologized for the delay and was aware of the situation. One man was out and apparently another was in a serious bike accident so they are truly working in a difficult situation. I know them a bit personally and am pretty certain they're being straight with you (and me). He promised it would be shipped out first of the week.

Wayne
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint