New Blue probably my all time favorite bike!

Ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new 2015 r12r lc. R1200RS info goes in here too!

Moderator: Moderators

Paul-from-VA
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

New Blue probably my all time favorite bike!

Post by Paul-from-VA »

After a few days and some time on all kinds of back roads I'm starting to consider the possibility that this might be my all time favorite for bikes I've owned. Old Blue (2013 R1200R) was stretching to get into the top 10, I actually liked my 2007 R1200R better than the 2013 although Old Blue should have been a better bike in most ways. Truthfully I was close to giving up motorcycles for the first time since I started riding in the 60's, just got kind of stale. bought a Miata last year and put less than a thousand miles on Old Blue. I never thought I would give up on bikes when I was this young (in relative terms) so I decided to try something small just to try to reignite the passion, was planning on an Yamaha R3 but it took so long to come around I picked up a Yamaha FZ-07. Easy enough to ride around and I enjoyed it locally, motor had a bit of punch down low but when I went to the mountains it somehow just left me flat when pushing a bit through corners. Pretty much decided to keep it (what else, I've already lost a bunch of money on it) and just force myself to ride it back and forth to my part time job. Then along comes New Blue....IGNITION, I just got back from a 7 hour ride and all I can think about is going for a ride! The only thing I can see as a problem is the sound, so nice it wants to make me ride without the ear plugs. I got hooked on R bikes (yeah the Daytona Orange was really sweet looking) when watching the Butler & Smith R90S, what a beautiful sound that thing made every time it pealed off into turn one at Pocono, but I never got any of my R's to sound very good, not until New Blue came around. She's a naughty girl New Blue, always trying to get me doing things I really should not be doing, I should give her a good thrashing.......ahhh....sure is nice to love motorcycles again. Happy riding all.
Paul
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Re: New Blue probably my all time favorite bike!

Post by Doug »

Hah! Congrats on the new naughty!
Member #1