New Cordoba Blue

Ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new 2015 r12r lc. R1200RS info goes in here too!

Moderator: Moderators

Paul-from-VA
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

New Cordoba Blue

Post by Paul-from-VA »

Went to the dealer today to demo an new LC R1200R, was going to take the FZ-07 since it is more fun to ride but decided to take my 13 R1200R so I would have a good baseline for the differences. The bike was so much better (to me) that the 13 R stayed and the LC R came home with me. This was the first LC BMW twin that I had ridden so I was not expecting such a dramatic difference. It feels much lighter than the 13 R and also seems narrower at the tank junction with the knees. Handling is so much better than the 13 R (subjective) that alone would have cinched the deal for me. Power feels like way more than the 13 R, maybe just because the electronics open the throttle quicker, but it feels like a rocket in comparison, no matter what rpm I used (under 5K). The turns so sweet, holds a line nice and trolls along in traffic about as good as FZ-07. The gauge package offers lots of information (fuel level thanks) but it is a bit small for quick reading and can be difficult depending on lighting. I rode home 101 miles without a stop and found the seat to be a bit better than the one which came on the 13 R. I don't find that loss of the telelever to be a negative but I've had lots of bikes with standard forks. The clutch pull is lighter and the throttle action is pretty darn nice, my first throttle by wire and I expected to dislike it. Seems touchy right off the stop but I think the driveline slop is less than the 13 R. My opinion, if you don't want to buy one don't go for a demo ride.
Paul
RedRyder
Donating Member #: 1065

Re: New Cordoba Blue

Post by RedRyder »

congrats and welcome to the next generation of R bikes. that blue is nice but not quite as nice as the metallic grey. :) what accessories did you get? ESA? pro shift? pics would be great
What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Johnny (Brando): Whaddya got?

2015 R1200R LC
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

Paul-from-VA wrote:My opinion, if you don't want to buy one don't go for a demo ride.

noted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

great review.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
Paul-from-VA
Lifer

Post by Paul-from-VA »

RedRyder wrote:congrats and welcome to the next generation of R bikes. that blue is nice but not quite as nice as the metallic grey. :) what accessories did you get? ESA? pro shift? pics would be great
It has GPS Preparation, Chrome Exhaust Pipe, Cruise Control, Saddle Bag Mounts, Headlight Pro, and Heated Grips. I have on order rear rack, center stand, saddlebags and GPS. The dealer had a loaded Metallic Grey and I was torn between the two. In the end I'm just not sure about the dynamic suspension. I mean I'm sure it works great but what happens when it ages and needs rebuild or replacement. The one I rode was with stock suspension and I loved it so.....
Paul
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Congrats on the new ride, hey, wheres the pics?! :)

Would it be in bad taste to ask what you paid OTD?
Member #1
Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Post by Catchina »

Does the new LC R have linked brakes? I know this question was asked before but has it been confirmed?
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
Paul-from-VA
Lifer

Post by Paul-from-VA »

Yes linked brakes using front but rear is separate using the foot pedal alone.

Sorry no pictures, too busy riding, washing, waxing, repeat as required.

OTD price would probably not be too relevant because it was the dealers demo (ridden only by dealer folks and me) and the trade in of my 13 R1200R kind of muddied the waters. I was happy with the deal but then I've never had any self control when it comes to motorcycles even if the deal was bad. Just a character fault that my wife has accepted and I'm certainly not going to change after more than 50 years without professional help. On the other hand I may not need the help since I am so happy with this bike and have done this enough times to realize I've given up a great bike to get something that turned out to be just ok. New Blue will not be released so easily.
Paul