Rockster Fuel Light

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

ssna26
Basic User

Rockster Fuel Light

Post by ssna26 »

I recently purchased an 04 Rockster and the low fuel light is always on. I did some investigating and found that there is "fuel level indicator relay" with part number 61 35 2 306 365 in the #5 relay position (next to the diagnostic plug). I have looking on some parts diagrams and have found that the relay is supposed to be used in bikes manufactured prior of 12/02 (mine was manufactured 06/04). I then called a few dealers and gave them the last 7 of digits of my vin and they have told me that there is not a relay listed in their parts diagrams that should be in spot #5. Coincidentally when I take out the relay the low fuel light goes out......I know the Rockster and the r1150r are the only 1150's without a fuel level gauge (gs, gsa, rs, and rt have a bar gauge). What I am curious to find out is whether other Rockster owners also have an empty relay #5 or if they don't which relay do they have installed.
Thanks for the help,
James
super-single
Basic User

Re: Rockster Fuel Light

Post by super-single »

I bought a used r1150r and the low fuel light is on all the time too BUT it goes out when in the low fuel range :? . Is something wired backwards? The previous owner had a turn signal canceling unit and flashing led brake light installed on the bike. The lamp is a bit annoying at first but I soon forget about it.