footpeg lowering

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

racerb
Basic User

footpeg lowering

Post by racerb »

I have an 08 and interested in lower foot pegs. I have another bike and the distance from the seat to the peg is about 1 1/2 inch greater. This results in a much more comfortable leg position on the k bike. I would be interested in feedback from those who have done this modification, including what brand, how much change, and if there was a positive reaction . Thanks
dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Re: footpeg lowering

Post by dbrick »

Many of us have the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit. I do; it was easy to install, and gave me a significant comfort improvement.

I'm the only one, however, to find shifting more difficult after the pegs were lowered; the position of the shifting tab (the rubber-encased projection that your left foot moves up and down) was not satisfactory, and moving the shift lever didn't help. I went through a lot, and ended up modifying an aftermarket GS shift lever to get the tab placement I wanted. The result is wonderful. I wrote four threads on the process; they start here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22417&p=196906#p196906.
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL
Shakey
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 961

Re: footpeg lowering

Post by Shakey »

I had this problem and had tried a couple of cheap solutions to no avail. Being UK based it was easier to follow the recommendation of a member who PM'd me details of the SW-Motech replacement "pegs" which you can see fitted in this thread about a different mod: http://www.r1200r.org/board/viewtopic.p ... e0#p249806

I'm very pleased with them and may leae them on even though I've had the Hip op (mentioned in the thread) now and should be back on the bike within a month.

Will I love my R again or has it finally come to the GS LC TE?! Watch this space.
Martin
Pas D'elle yeux rhone que nous!