Permanent live.....

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

trickytree
Donating Member #: 1159

Permanent live.....

Post by trickytree »

....seems to have gone AWOL. Im fitting a Acewell speedo in place of the standard clocks and I assumed the wires to the clock would be perm. live but I don't have anything now.
Haynes manual doesn't have a Rockster specific wiring diagram and none of the other diagrams show a red/black wire at all (that's what went to my cloc.....other wire was a brown/black)
Anybody got a link to a Rockster wiring diagram?
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Permanent live.....

Post by riceburner »

Do you mean a live while the ignition is actually switched off? Not sure there is one tbh.

I know the digital clock is permanently on, but I must admit I thought that was an internal battery (possibly recharged by the bike's main battery when ignition is on).
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Post by kirby »

I believe that the Rockster speedo/tach is from a R1100 S.
Sweatmark may be able to help here as he has allot of info on the oilhead wiring.

He will probably chime in soon.

BTW
Pretty sure the clock is off of ships battery as when you disconnect the Bat it dies.
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

this is 1150 roadster info, and from my own experience, but possibly shared? worth a shot. the clock and power port are always hot.

CHECK fuse #3. clock and power port heres the fuse diagram. same circuit.

after that, Id guess clock, or wiring up to the bars is shot. good luck.

http://home.mindspring.com/~jabrooks/images/fuses.jpg

not finding any web info on rockster wiring. i swear theres a rockseter diagram in the manual, ill look tonight.... either way, check your fuses....
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
trickytree
Donating Member #: 1159

Post by trickytree »

Yeah, thinking about it as soon as I disconnected the battery the clock went out. I had the 2 multi connectors under the tank off when I removed the clocks but everything else I've connected up is still working. Fuse 3 is OK.
I've put the tank back on now so as a temporary measure I'll run a fused wire direct to the new speedo and provided everything else works as it should I'll sort it out when I next remove the tank.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Green/black wire to R1100S/Rockster instruments is Fuse 1, power supplied through ignition switch.

As mentioned above, the R1100S/Rockster instrument module clock red wire is always hot, powered via Fuse 3 (15 Amps) which also supplies the LHS power socket on the starter cover.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)