BEAKSTER BASH 2016!!!! MARATHON NY - Three Bears Inn

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

dandeldesierto
Basic User

Re: BEAKSTER BASH 2016!!!! MARATHON NY - Three Bears Inn

Post by dandeldesierto »

Hey, its a long shot, but I miiiight make it up that way. What's the weather generally like around that time of year? I usually go west (am in TX), but would really like to get a look at the NE part of the country.
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

dandeldesierto wrote:Hey, its a long shot, but I miiiight make it up that way. What's the weather generally like around that time of year? I usually go west (am in TX), but would really like to get a look at the NE part of the country.
We schedule the weather up here for the Bash so we get at least one of the following; Sun, Rain, Warm (to us that means over 45F :lol: ) and cold. Unlike most parts of the country that aren't as organized as NY is, we are sure to have at least one of the above conditions. Long hike from anywhere in the Great State of Texas, but worth the trip. On-site eating, drinking and sleeping in one place with plenty of good scenery in any direction. Bring Gypsy with you :D :D :D
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Here is a link to weather.com averages. I would expect anything from 25-75 degrees. Some of us have been snowed on in WV during May, but we have never been roasted out. Waterproof gear would be a must, and heated jacket liner is nice to have. But May is a great time to ride.

Hope to see you there.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

Fate intervenes again. Last time I tried to attend a Bash up north, the bike failed me. Only one I have missed. This year, alas, it is my body failing me. I will have to miss this after all and really was looking forward to riding in this area. :(

Last Sunday, while running an agility course with my dog in a competition, a loud pop from my knee and massive pain hit me hard and I went down, not to get up. So it was after over 30 years and 200,000 miles on motorcycles, my first ride in an ambulance was not bike-related. Diagnosis is a torn patella tendon, that connects the kneecap and lower leg to the upper leg muscles. I have surgery next Tuesday and about a 6 month recovery. No riding for me for a while!

I hate missing this and believe me, I would rather be riding that rehabbing! My bikes will be neglected for a while. Sorry to miss seeing everyone and riding the Finger Lakes region! I had a busy bike-related spring and summer planned too! :x
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Be positive...............your still batting .333 above the Mason-Dixon Line having attended BBV at Central Park.

That's a really good average in the majors.

We shall miss you!

Doc
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Appreciate the thought Doc but I had planned on extra time off work going and coming home to take detours to ensure a good ride was had, not just a long ride. Disappointing to have it all vaporize in a split second.

Get to be our age and 6 months is more significant chunk of our remaining ride time! Whatever it turns out to be! :?
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Hope you heal quickly and fully.

On a related note I regret to say it looks like I won't make it this year like I planned. A conflict has arisen that will eliminate me as well. Hopefully next year.

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

:( :( Very sad that Towerworker & Vann won't be making it; are we Yankees really that intimidating :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
No, that at all, but couldn't resist the opportunity to toss it out for a little friendly humor.
MLW and I are planning a second Scouting MIssion to Marathon this weekend, hopefully the Tax Man will relent.

Cheers and speedy recovery Vann; Wayne..... hope all turns out well with whatever has come up.

DLS
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Hi Daryl,
No you guys don't intimidate me....I was born in NJ so I know how to deal with Yankees! No I regret not being able to make it, was planning and looking forward to coming. I have a family conflict that hopefully will resolve itself.

Good luck with the Tax Man!

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

Ooo, that was a close one. I just got the last room for Thursday (5/19). Unfortunately, due to a family event I just found out about this morning, I have to curtail my visit this year. Sadly. But I will be there Friday, and looking forward to seeing the gang. See you all soon!
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

Hello folks - I just had twin sons back on January 11th. I need to stay put to help my wife take care of them (we have four kids in all). So I will miss this year's bash :cry:

Vann - just saw your post. Sorry you hurt your knee. Hope you recover fast.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Talked to the nice folks at Three Bear Inn yesterday, and they're looking forward to our event. Still a few rooms available, but not blocked for us so if you haven't reserved yet do so quickly. Weather here today approaching 80!!
Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Post by Catchina »

Have a great time, unfortunately it doesn't look like like I can make it.
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
MaestroB
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by MaestroB »

Hello!

Actually I'm not replying to this post but as a new comer into the forum, I just want to say hello to you old folks.

Thanks
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

Looks like I'm in for this one, but only Friday through Sunday (lots going on at work). I'm planning on leaving Friday morning and taking a leisurely ride avoiding interstates through the middle of PA. My son may come with me if he can get off work (he currently has a Ducati Monster), and my co-worker Paul (he's been to a couple of Hungry Mother and previous Bash's) is coming along. Paul had a K1200GT, which kind of imploded last fall, so now he has one of the massive K1600GTs.

<edit> I did get through to the motel and have a room reserved.

See you guys next Friday!
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Forecast is looking good; general goofing off in store for next week at Beakster Bash 2016, Marathon NY
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Been watching the weather myself. Looks like clear sailing after we arrive on Wednesday evening. Got some saddle time in today(first outing of the year/been too busy) so I believe I am good to go.

See you all mid-week.

Ride safe,

Doc & Patty
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Biff's R
Double Lifer

Post by Biff's R »

My goal is to arrive around dinner time on Thursday. Crazy busy at work and home this week, so I may be a little later in the evening. Gotta get the new dishwasher and microwave installed, or else.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Biff; going to take the interstate most of the way? Lots of scenic routes on the way but I-80 to I-81 would likely be the most 'critter free' option. If early enough for all daylight riding other options would be more fun. See you Thursday; we'll save some dinner for you. :D
Biff's R
Double Lifer

Post by Biff's R »

My goal is to put some highway miles on early and then maybe US 62, or something like that once I get up to i-80
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R