Beakster Bash Lexington VA May 18 - 22, 2017

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

ctRrider
Lifer

Beakster Bash Lexington VA May 18 - 22, 2017

Post by ctRrider »

We have a location for our 2017 Beakster Bash, Lexington, Va. May 18 - 22. There were a number of requests for a southerly centrally located Bash and Lexington fits the bill. It is in the heart of great riding with access some of the best roads that Virginia and West Virginia have to offer. It has easy access for members from both the north and south.

There's a block of 15 rooms being held for us for reservations. Room rate is $110 per night for May 18 - 21. Particulars are:

Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
62 Comfort Way
Lexington, VA.
For reservations call the hotel at 540-463-7311 and ask for the BMW Bash rates at $110 per night and includes free breakfast and Wifi.
Make your reservations before April 18 for this guaranteed rate. After that date you are on your own.

The location has a lot to offer. Country Cookin is right next door, Diary Queen and Applebees are across the street. Devils Backbone Brewing is less than a mile up the road plus some great places to eat and drink in downtown Lexington.
Easy and close access to Routes 39, 250, 150, 219, 28, Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive and even close enough for a day run to Route 16 in Marion.

This is open to all members of the board. R1150's, R1200's RT's, F800's, GS's, R nine T's and the Yamahas, Hondas and Suzuki's that are part of the group every year and anyone else who wants an excuse to go riding for a long weekend and have a fantastic time.
See ya at the Bash!
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Re: Beakster Bash Lexington VA May 18 - 22, 2017

Post by machew01 »

I just made my reservation.
Thanks, Tom!

mac
SteveK
Basic User

Post by SteveK »

I'm in, made my reservation today :)

Thanks
STDocLizard1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Booked..................arriving on Wednesday, 5/17. Patty & I will trailer down from the Garden State.

See you cats there.

Doc
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

For those of you that are thinking of joining us at the Bash in Lexington and are not familiar with the area, Lexington is in the heart of some of the best motorcycling roads east of the Mississippi! Here is a link to Pohacontas County WV, http://www.pocahontascountywv.com, is just a short ride west on Route 39 through the Goshen Pass and Warm Springs VA. This is a spectacular curvey and scenic ride! The Blue Ridge Parkway is just east of Lexington along with the Allegheny Highlands. There is great riding in every direction and everyone will ride through good riding areas jus to get there.

To make this years Bash a little more interesting I'm considering putting together an 8 hour mini rally much like a scavenger hunt for bonus locations with points. It will be a simple and fun rally suitable for the first timers and for those with experience. The rally format will be based on the Iron Butt Assoation format with a bonus list, point values and a combination of questions and photos to required to capture the bonus. The bonus locations will be released several days before the rally in order to allow you to map out your best route. Paper maps and/or a GPS can be used. Nothing fancy for the camera, any digital camera including a cell phone can be used as long as the photos can easily be displayed. The rally will be on Saturday May 20. Let me know if there is any interest.
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

I will be at the Natural Bridge Hotel on May 19th-21st for Morton BMW's annual spring fling. My 7th in a row.
On Saturday afternoon, a few of us will make our pilgrimage to the Jefferson Pools in Warm springs, about 65 miles NW up the mountain.

If anyone has never had a soak in the mineral rich Jefferson Pools, you should put it on your list while in the area. Built in 1761, and historically preserved in that state, it's a refreshing soak. Owned by the Omni Hotel and spa, it's not on the hotel grounds, but a couple miles before it. There is no better Zen ride than down a mountain after a soak. I swear I float on my bike.

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/homes ... ot-springs

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=jef ... &FORM=IGRE

There will be approx. 200 Beemer riders at the natural bridge hotel for the weekend event.

http://www.naturalbridgeva.com/
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

Looking at the snow we got yesterday in Connecticut got me thinking of how nice it's going to be to get riding again and take a trip down to Lexington for some great riding. Haven't seen much activity about who is going. We all know that every year the Beakster Bash is a great excuse to go ride some of the best motorcycle roads in the east from the Finger Lakes last year to Tail of the Dragon. It's also a good opportunity to get together with like minded riders and familiar faces. Every year has been at a great location. So who has plans to go this year and how many friends are coming with you?
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

I'm planning to go.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

This had nearly gotten past me......I'll be there. Easy for me.....just 25 miles down the road.

Hmmm......been planning to do a spline lube shortly.......maybe if Cyclerob comes I could get some professional help? And maybe change the antifreeze while we're at it.

I suspect I'll have at least two more and possibly three I could talk into showing up.
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
festis
Basic User

Post by festis »

I am planning to be there 3 of us be there on 5/19
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Although the Bash has been on my radar, I somehow never got around to reserving my room. Done! I will either be there Friday or Thursday night!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
mikemagna
Basic User

Post by mikemagna »

I'm in too!! Be there sometime Thursday afternoon. Marty will not be coming to this one.

Mike
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

This will need to be a game time decision. Work project may still be in a critical condition. I'm sure I'll be catching hell for taking two days off last week. Happy Easter all!
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

ctRider

I'm attempting to pm you but I've reason to think my pm's are not going out. Would you please email me? I have some information concerning the Bash that might be of some use. My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
Wayne
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

Wayne just sent you an email. I have three people in our group arriving on Thursday. Looks like we are going to have another good turnout!
SteveK
Basic User

Post by SteveK »

I should arrive Thursday evening.
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

Three weeks away! What is the head count for this year? Who is going that we missed?
So far we have:
Tom B. CtRrider
Kevin B
Brian C
Wayne. Tower worker
Steve K
Mike M
Yjsleesvr
Wncbmw
Festis + 2 others
STdoclizard + 1
Machew01

Jfslater. - maybe

Working on finalizing a Saturday night dinner venue.

14 confirmed and several maybes. Looks like a good turnout!
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I am a maybe as of right now. I will know better this weekend.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

ctRrider wrote:Three weeks away! What is the head count for this year? Who is going that we missed?
So far we have:
Tom B. CtRrider
Kevin B
Brian C
Wayne. Tower worker
Steve K
Mike M
Yjsleesvr
Wncbmw
Festis + 2 others
STdoclizard + 1
Machew01

Jfslater. - maybe
Biff's R - may know more shortly

Working on finalizing a Saturday night dinner venue.

14 confirmed and several maybes. Looks like a good turnout!
May I suggest that everyone in attendance bring at least one door prize with them to the Bash for distribution by chance on Saturday evening following dinner. This insures that everybody will be departing with something. It does not have to be extravagant or necessarily motorcycle related.

CtRider has done a great job putting this together and I applaud his efforts as he assumed the role of BBXIV Bash Master.

Thanks in advance,

Doc
Last edited by STDocLizard1 on Fri May 05, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

I will be there with possibly one more. A past attendee (Bob Weber--blue GS) won't make it this year. He went to visit family for Easter and wound up in the local hospital--Canton, Ohio having heart surgery. Doing well...no heart attack but chest pain resulting in bypass surgery. Won't be home for a few more weeks.
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint