Am I imagining it?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Am I imagining it?

Post by Photoguy »

Didn't there used to be a photo gallery here? Went looking for pic of a bike that I liked and...well...seems it has disappeared.

[-(
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: Am I imagining it?

Post by sweatmark »

Back way out to http://r1150r.org, where you'll see two menu frames. You want the outer frame and "User Rides".
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Post by Photoguy »

^ thanks for that, but it's not the one I had in mind. I could have sworn that the first thread topic on the discussion page was always a 'user gallery of photos' and then the general discussions fell below it. I remember seeing Sloiton's black bike posted in the gallery and was trying to cycle back for another look. I've posted my bike in it as well and when searching my posts it no longer exists...and EasyBee's blue bike.
Maybe I've totally lost my mind :lol:
swamper
Basic User

Post by swamper »

I confirm, you aren't losing your mind. I had posted there also.
02R1150R,02R1150Rabs,04R1150R :D 02R1100S,05R1100S(BCR), :shock: (2)-S1000XR :smt003
IBA#7147
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

I'll offer a guess here. Doug (member #1) pays for keeping and maintaining this site out of his own pocket. I don't know all the in's and out's of caring for internet sites but I've got to believe it can be costly. Possibly some stuff has to go from time to time because of lack of resources? I don't know. If you use and find this site to be helpful please consider supporting the site financially.

There's a link on the site's home page just to the right of the drop down menu. Entitled "Support the Site!"
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

I'm guessing the issue around the disappearance of the photo album has more to do with scam and hacking than the cost of maintaining it. The intrusions on a forum like this by scammers, hackers and spammers is phenomenal because of the inherent vulnerabilities. The use of the photo album, or lack thereof, probably made it a logical choice to eliminate. That's just my speculation though. I really have no idea what really happened to the photo album section.