Forum Functioning ?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Bogdan
Basic User

Forum Functioning ?

Post by Bogdan »

No posts for about a week....are we open for business ?
Milanator
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1171

Re: Forum Functioning ?

Post by Milanator »

Not as much as some of the other forums.

But, with the COVID inhibition on travel, and the lack of destinations as a result, riding is less. But there has been time to install some improvements on the R1150R, and the rain should let up tomorrow on this Memorial day weekend, and likely will be on the road to the NE corner of PA to the Delaware River. If only the rear taillight LED bulb I ordered had arrived in a timely manner, and not somewhere in the UPS-USPS "not my fault" cauldron, all the changes would have been complete for the trip!
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

I'm little by little planning on farkles for my new to me RT. So I'm still here. Any of you guys have any insight on approprite LED substitutions for the H3's and H7?

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Post by Photoguy »

I'm still here as well and check in a few times a week. There seems to be much less traffic than in 'the old days' though, not sure if it's the age of the bikes or if there are alternatives places that people have drifted to.

I'm a week or so away from doing my first valve adjustment on my bike. I've adjusted valves before just not on the R. My first stop to ask for advice will be here as I really respect the experience of the people on the board and have always found a lot of great information, and I'm just in the question gathering phase at the moment.

Wish I had more mechanical experience as I' like to help more myself but I know my limitations. I try to pitch in when I can though-
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Post by kirby »

Well I've done some traveling and have found it pretty much as usual on the road. No restaurants (or only a few in the far flung places) but I grab a bite at the truck stops and carry on.

Visit friends (the ones that are not afraid) and family. (about 4500 miles)

Back in CA at the moment but will strike out for a rally in July up in Idaho.

If you have questions about your upcoming valve check, please post and I'm sure we will do our best to help.

Will Carry on ...
Last edited by kirby on Sun May 24, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
Bogdan
Basic User

Post by Bogdan »

Photoguy, I assume you have the set of feeler gauges from Beemer Boneyard. Check out the Plug Problems thread. It will save you some trouble.
Milanator
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1171

Post by Milanator »

towerworker wrote:I'm little by little planning on farkles for my new to me RT. So I'm still here. Any of you guys have any insight on approprite LED substitutions for the H3's and H7?

Wayne
At the risk of going off-topic for the OP, and with the disclaimer that I have no financial interest in the following, and little seat time after these mods:

On the 2002 R1150R, replaced the rear turn signals with Weiser Technik Legacy II Classics LED 2-in-1 Brake Light/Turn Signal Upgrades (for BMW R + K Series Motorcycles 1993-2004, and replaced the amber plastic lens covers with clear ones, from Max BMW. It gives a bright red light on each side when braking, and bright amber turn signals. Moreover, it fits the oval holder shape, so that the interior only is replaced. You do have to splice into the wire feeding the rear center brake light to power the red LED's. I like the look and the function.

Also used the Cyclops CIL-LED 10.0H4 - Ultra Cyclops 10.0 H4 LED to replace the headlight bulb. No issues with fit, and it is quite bright.

Haven't done anything yet to the front turn signals.
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Photoguy wrote:I'm still here as well and check in a few times a week. There seems to be much less traffic than in 'the old days' though, not sure if it's the age of the bikes or if there are alternatives places that people have drifted to.

I'm a week or so away from doing my first valve adjustment on my bike. I've adjusted valves before just not on the R. My first stop to ask for advice will be here as I really respect the experience of the people on the board and have always found a lot of great information, and I'm just in the question gathering phase at the moment.

Wish I had more mechanical experience as I' like to help more myself but I know my limitations. I try to pitch in when I can though-
Where are you located?
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Post by Photoguy »

towerworker wrote:
Photoguy wrote:I'm still here as well and check in a few times a week. There seems to be much less traffic than in 'the old days' though, not sure if it's the age of the bikes or if there are alternatives places that people have drifted to.

Where are you located?
I'm in the Boston area. Come on up! :)
Tigcraft
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Tigcraft »

And I look in occasionally.......
It would be better for me if I could post pics straight from my iPhone. I’ve plenty of gear I’ve made that’s bike related which have all a story to tell but because of that I use this forum very little.
Mrclubike

Post by Mrclubike »

I will admit posting pictures is a bit involved
82 R65
04 R1150R
swamper
Basic User

Post by swamper »

The picture thing here is cut down on my posting.
02R1150R,02R1150Rabs,04R1150R :D 02R1100S,05R1100S(BCR), :shock: (2)-S1000XR :smt003
IBA#7147
Mr.Frequent
Basic User

Post by Mr.Frequent »

I think riding in our current environment is less right now, even with the arrival of good weather.
But perhaps that should mean more visits to the forum ? ?

As for "no posts" I'm thinking perhaps we have such a vast knowledge base here -we're fortunate!- that it's just searched for solutions or ideas and not commented so much. I also am guilty of not logging in when I just check for new items sometimes. :mrgreen:
lcarlson
Donating Member #: 0

Post by lcarlson »

Bogdan wrote:No posts for about a week....are we open for business ?
This forum is a hotbed of activity compared to some of the other forums here. For instance, the R1200R LC forum hasn’t had a post since LAST YEAR.
Lawrence Carlson
Redding, CT

2002 R1150R (sold)
2016 BMW F700GS
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
AZBMWRIDER
Basic User

Post by AZBMWRIDER »

We need a heated thread on tires and oil!!!! :shock:
'02 R1150R, Atlanta Blue
Been riding since 1979, BMW's since 1981 .
4 R65's, '87 Guzzi V65 Lario .
swamper
Basic User

Post by swamper »

Tires- I put on a set of Continental Sport Attack 3's on the ABS bike (02) and they seem very very good for aggressive riding. I replaced the Metzler Sportec M7 RR's which were great also (4,000 miles). Probably give the edge to the Metzelers but they seem both to have excellent handling, turn in and tons of grip. Never have had the opportunity to have them in the wet though. Will see how long the Conties will go and report here.
02R1150R,02R1150Rabs,04R1150R :D 02R1100S,05R1100S(BCR), :shock: (2)-S1000XR :smt003
IBA#7147
Tigcraft
Basic User

Post by Tigcraft »

If anything we should have more posts since we’ve been riding less.
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Tigcraft wrote:If anything we should have more posts since we’ve been riding less.

Maybe - maybe not.

I think that a lot of us are not in the office (if a worker) and a lot of forum posting is (I think) a distraction from the office..... ;)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Tigcraft
Basic User

Post by Tigcraft »

OFFICE?? What’s that? A day club for soft clean freaks? Get some real Sexy dirty work done on proper noisy tools!!
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Tigcraft wrote:OFFICE?? What’s that? A day club for soft clean freaks? Get some real Sexy dirty work done on proper noisy tools!!

:D:D:D

I would if I had the skills to jump straight into earning 45K+ per annum. ;) (which I can achieve by sitting on my arse and typing gibberish - it's good work if you can get it!) :D:D
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life