Wisconsin Dells Rally this Weekend

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

kjax909
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Wisconsin Dells Rally this Weekend

Post by kjax909 »

Sorry I'm posting this here, but short notice and I wanted to make sure max. # of people saw it.

Anyone headed to the Wisconsin Dells rally this weekend? I'm definitely going, from Central Iowa departing Friday morning. Is advertised as one of the better rallies--I've never been but sound s like a lot of fun. Any interest in riding out or meeting up at the rally, e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks.
- Joe -
'02 R1150R
Member #143
Paper
Lifer

Post by Paper »

Edited, and moved on...
Last edited by Paper on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I am hoping to be at the Ohio State versus Texas football game Saturday night, so no Wisconsin rally for me.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Bulldog
Basic User

We'll be there

Post by Bulldog »

My wife, 11-year-old son, and I will be there. This will be our first time at this rally. We'll be camping, even if no one else is. We are going to this one as vendors though, sans my Yellowjacket and her K1200RS :(

Look for Family Freedom Motorcycling (we sell youth-sized street riding gear) and say hi.

Bulldog
Bulldog
05 R1200St/05 DR650
http://www.familymotorcycling.com
Semper Fidelis
kjax909
Basic User

There is Camping

Post by kjax909 »

For those interested--the flyer advertises camping and I'll be camping--so at least there will be two of us :wink: . Bulldog--will definitely look you up--I have a six and nine year old I've been looking for street gear for.
- Joe -
'02 R1150R
Member #143
Bulldog
Basic User

see you there

Post by Bulldog »

Kjax,

Sounds great. I look forward to meeting you. I grew up in Des Moines. I'm sure we can help you outfit your kids.

Bulldog
Bulldog
05 R1200St/05 DR650
Semper Fidelis
FGanger

Post by FGanger »

Kjax,

In my opinion you can’t do much better than buying from Bulldog and Mrs. Bulldog - Nancy as I recall.:D

I wish I was heading up there myself, but I’ve got so much stinking work to do on my house. :(

I’m sorry to say that Paper is quite correct on his assessment of the rally. However, the club is filled with wonderful people. They are friendly, warm and welcoming. There are some vendors, not a lot, but enough to make it interesting. While many people stay in hotels/motels, there are a goodly amount who camp. I’m sure the reason so many do not camp is due to the fact that the rates go down as soon as school starts.:roll:

All in all, if I was not working, my wife and I would go. Of course for us it’s about a three hour ride. If it was a lot longer ride, I would need to think a bit about going. If I had never been there, I would ride a long day to experience it.:roll:

Frank
Bulldog
Basic User

Just back from Dells rally

Post by Bulldog »

Hi all,

Wife son and I had a pretty good time at our first Dells rally. There was a great deal of construction creating a fair amount of distance between the camping site, main rally area, and the hotel. The rally organizers worked very hard, however, at making it easier to get around, including more than a few golf carts constantly shuttling people back and forth. It was very hot, but atleast it didn't rain.

The rally fee included entrance to the water park, which we took full advantage of because of the heat, including shutting down our vending tent a little more often than we probably should have.

There were more than 800 people, the majority of which stayed in hotels, but all-in-all, not a bad rally.

Bulldog
Bulldog
05 R1200St/05 DR650
Semper Fidelis
Paper
Lifer

Post by Paper »

Edited, and moved on...
Last edited by Paper on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjax909
Basic User

Overall a Good Rally

Post by kjax909 »

My first time at the Dells Rally. A few observations:

- It was fun to see people I've run into at other rallies and how many people seemed to know each other. This rally is clearly "mandatory" on a lot of peoples' lists

- On site swimming was great

- Good bands!

- Roads in SW Wisconsin are phenomenal!

- Too hot (92 in Wisconsin? That's just not right!)

- If you wanted to stay off site, lots of cheap motels close by

- Sorry I missed you Bulldog--didn't get to the vendor area until 4:00pm Saturday (long story) and you were already gone
- Joe -
'02 R1150R
Member #143
Bulldog
Basic User

Sorry we missed you

Post by Bulldog »

Kjax,

Sorry we missed you. Business was slow and, as you said, it was too hot, so the family retired to the waterpark. If you're still interested in gear for your kids, check out our website at http://www.familymotorcycling.com and email me off-list, [email protected]

Bulldog
Bulldog
05 R1200St/05 DR650
Semper Fidelis