Rockster Seat

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Mclintoc
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Rockster Seat

Post by Mclintoc »

I'm sure this has come up before, but I'll ask anyway:
I am thinking about buying a new seat for the Rockster, as I am planning a long trip this summer. Will someone please recommend a comfortable seat? I'm also curious about the price range and whether I will need to buy a pillion too or if a new seat will match well with the old pillion. Much obliged.
R1150R Rockster
big papa
Basic User

Post by big papa »

Sargent, just buy the rider part. The Carbon FX matches well enough.
Bill
'07 R1200RT
Wass
Basic User

Post by Wass »

I'll second Big Papa.
I finally got a Sargent after suffering 2 seasons with the stock seat. Last Saturday I rode 4 hours straight in supreme comfort.
The stock seat would commence the PAIN at about 30 minutes.
You'll notice a slight geometry difference with the Sargent, it is flatter front to back, and wider side to side and it does not slope towards the tank which is what caused me trouble with the stock seat.
I got mine direct for just under 300 bucks, no pillion.
I imagine the Mayer and Russell saddles are equally comfy, but they are pricier.
Plus, I had personal email follow-ups from Sargent making sure I was satisfied.
fnfalman
Basic User

Post by fnfalman »

I'm waiting for my Sargent to come in. Just the front though because I don't intend on taking pillion. I have a Sargent for my Tuono and it was a night/day difference. It was like sitting on air. 400-miles jaunt in one shot without even a slight cramp.

Actually the BMW low seat fits me pretty well and I did the same 400-miles jaunt with a hint of butt cramp at the end. Just a hint. However, I went to the tall seat for more leg room and that thing wasn't too good. I figure it's time to invest in a Sargent. Why not having Bill Mayer reupholster my seat? The costs are probably about the same. But I am already happy with Sargent product and frankly, I rather like the BMW "M" color that they put on the seat. Kind of like the Italian tricolor that they put on Italian bike seats. :oops:
Cogito Ergo Vroom - I think therefore I ride.
03 Rockster, 07 Aprilia Tuono R, 07 KTM 990 Adventure
rock712
Lifer

Post by rock712 »

Last weekend I put 900miles on my sergant seat!!!!! I honestly stopped for fuel.... oh and when I got to where I was going I stopped too.
You think chicks dig guys who look like road-grimed astronauts and have interesting x-rays?
toner87

Post by toner87 »

What they all said about the Sargent. Go for it. Best $ you'll spend on your R.
T.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Another vote for Sargent. We've got a full-length Corbin (with integral backrest) that we use for rides with the kid, but I switch - quickly - to the Sargent for any longer solo trip. Rode 6k miles last season with the Sargent on R1150R Roadster, switched the seat over to Rockster for this year... slightly different posture, but very comfortable.

Note: Rockster was purchased with the OE "Tall" seat, which was pretty darn comfortable during 1k mile ride from SoCal to home this winter. I used an Airhawk pad to alleviate butt cramps after about 6 hours in saddle, but the Tall seat impressed overall.

Mark
Oregon
Mclintoc
Basic User

Post by Mclintoc »

Thanks for the replys. Its good to see that there is a clear winner here: Sargent.
R1150R Rockster
fnfalman
Basic User

Post by fnfalman »

Yessss!!!! My Sargent seat came in!!! I'm going to have to try it out this weekend. :lol:
Cogito Ergo Vroom - I think therefore I ride.
03 Rockster, 07 Aprilia Tuono R, 07 KTM 990 Adventure