Today I bought BMW Contour boots

(This archived section can be viewed by all, but modified only by Doug and moderators.)
This reference section highlights some key aftermarket accessories or installation walkthroughs that people have found useful.

Moderator: Moderators

mistercindy
Donating Member #: 0

Today I bought BMW Contour boots

Post by mistercindy »

After 50 miles I like them. Comfortable, good retention, easy to walk in, and my local dealer sold them for $290 with tax.. So far, so good. Anybody else wear the BMW Contours?
marko
Basic User

Post by marko »

After my recent 10 day trip i decided my 5 year old boots needed replacing. I bought the BMW Traveller light boots and have more
give in them and will be easier to walk in off the bike. I am going
on a track day tomorrow so will give a report of their performance.
r1150r.net Discerning discussion and BMW coffee
Kevin50r
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Kevin50r »

Can't comment much on any boots other than the combat touring boots from Aerostich. I bought mine about eight years ago and got them broken in yesterday :lol:
Seriously, they are great boots. I've looked at lots of others, including the offerings from BMW, but so far haven't been tempted to buy anything else. After many miles the CBT's show no sign of giving up.

Kevin
Member #363

2005 DL-650
2013 XT-1200Z
Kevin
marko
Basic User

Post by marko »

Well it didn't rain, so can't comment on their waterproofing capabilities but were very very comfortable on the hot day. 6.15am till 7pm in them and a long day like that would see me itching! to get them off.
Where they really excelled was when walking around off the bike. The flexible leather around the foot felt great when walking, as opposed to normal rigid boots that feel like you are walking in ski boots.
Even more comfortable than the Beemer street sneekers i usually wear to work.
Happy so far.........now bring on the rain.................No, No, only kidding.
r1150r.net Discerning discussion and BMW coffee
Brakecheck
Basic User

boots

Post by Brakecheck »

I've been wearing contour plus' since last year and really love them. They are so comfie that I hate to take them off after a ride. Only detraction is that the toes seem to scuff easily so you need to keep them treated. I went with the heavier boot after I got nailed in the ankle by a short piece of 2 by 4 last summer. Well worth the price.
Dana