The new R1200R: official pics

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
popgazer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by popgazer »

Someone on forumactif.com posted the following (in french)
http://r1150r.forumactif.com/ftopic2485-0-asc-60.htm

These seems to come from a spec sheet:
- 109 hp
- Weight: 198kg (436.5lbs)
- Optional ABS braking may be associated with Automatic Stability Control (ASC) inspired from cars, a system that prevents the rear wheel from spinning while accelerating on slippery surface. As with ABS, a computer compare the wheel speed and as needed shuts off the ignition complemented with shutting off the fuel injection.

- RDC = Tyre Pressure Control
- The on-board computer displays: speed, avg fuel consumption, range, outside temperature, risk of icing on the road, oil temperature, and gear.

Coming to a show room on Thursday 14th september 2006

The usual accessories.

Options:
Price in US$ converted from 1Euro @ $1.29
- Chromed muffler :( US$129
- Heating handlebar $265
- Gauge of tire pressure $271
- Onboard computer w/o oil temp. display $194
- Windscreen $220
- Clear lens turn signals $45
- Anti-theft alarm system $245
- Integral ABS $1394
- ASC (with ABS only) $374
- Centerstand $142
- Case Rack $110
Nobody is sure perfect, but she practiced tirelessly !
vintagecycle
Basic User

Post by vintagecycle »

I'll have to agree with pepebmw, the R1200R "look sucky" indeed.
The lines just don't flow as nice as the 1150's.

I'm gettin' me one of them new Moto Guzzi Norge 1200's. Now THAT's a pretty motorsickle!
Dan

'04 R1150R (Silver) Sold
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'81 Yamaha YZ125
johno
Basic User

Post by johno »

The R1200R still looks better than the normal run of Jap naked bikes.
And , it is still a Boxer, so that has got to be a bonus.
I love my Boxer engines. :D
2002 R1150R.
ranmar850
Basic User

Post by ranmar850 »

Styling is down to ones individual inclinations. I personally like them a lot, from pictures and vid posted. The old R1150r, was to me , a bloody awful looking thing--steady down the back ! :twisted: ----It needed the styling exercise of the Rockster to make what was doubtless a very good bike into something I would own. And no, I am not trying to start a flame war with the guys on the Roadster board, it's all down to individual preference. :lol: I would have not considered buying a Roadster, they weren't even on the list, but the aggressively oddball styling of the Rockster got me , and the ride; well, I was hooked. I can hear some saying ".....but it's the same bloody bike!" Probably rides much the same, has to, just can't abide the looks. And of course there are plenty who would like the riposte of saying the Rock is bloody awful, I know a lot of BMW traditionalists hated the Rock, just as I wouldn't have an RT. To each his own--I should own an RT, or ST, as I live, relatively speaking, in the middle of nowhere, and all my miles are open road. But the Rockster with the Wunderlich Trimm screen eats the miles, quite happily, and still loves the twisties, my favourite place. I love that 1200 motor, did 3,500 km on a 1200 GS in NZ at Easter-- came to love the bike, and the 1150 motor felt flat and vibey by comparison, when first back on board. The absolutely flat torque output of the oilhead (with pipe and y-piece)was probably responsible, hexhead had a definite kick as you went up the revs, less low rev vibration, and a little more up top. But after some miles I have adapted again, totally happy. But a 1200R may be in my future :wink:
Darius
Lifer
Donating Member #: 597

Post by Darius »