Frame Protection Package.

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

Deans BMW
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Frame Protection Package.

Post by Deans BMW »

Just found out today that San Jose BMW now officially has what they are calling a Frame Protection Package or kit, consists of 5 parts, two for the front forks two for the frame and one for the final drive unit The price is something like $200.00. I saw the peices installed on a K1200R while I was back there just before Christmas and they look very good.

They also have a belly pan just like that on the Power Cup bike painted to match your bike for something like $600.00. They also have some other trick goodies for the K1200R and S.
Dean-O
Member #33
Deans BMW
Honorary Lifer

Post by Deans BMW »

A pic of the frame slider kit.

Dean-O
Member #33
lee1980
Basic User

Post by lee1980 »

Hey these look good are they avaliable in Europe??

Or can i buy from US? im in the Uk :D
Thanks

Rock on!!!

Lee1980
Kevin Markwell
Basic User

Post by Kevin Markwell »

Mine just came in the mail last week. Haven't installed them yet. Expensive plastic baubles. I'm generally not superstitious but I have come to find that if I'm prepared for something it won't happen and visa versa. I better get them on their quick now that I have them. I'm sure San Jose would send them to the U.K.

Kevin
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage. --Bertrand Russell

Member #37 - Lifer
lee1980
Basic User

Post by lee1980 »

Thanks Kevin,

Do you think they are worth the money ? or would crash bars be better?

Do you know the link for San hose Bmw?

Thanks
Thanks

Rock on!!!

Lee1980
Kevin Markwell
Basic User

Post by Kevin Markwell »

Lee,

Well they certainly don't look like $200 worth of plastic, but they will probably be worth it in the event of a drop or low side. I'm hoping they will add to the already industrial look of the bike. Sort of like a sportbike with studs.

Try this link right to the item.

http://bikes.sjbmw.com/docs/parts/parts ... txt=K1200R
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage. --Bertrand Russell

Member #37 - Lifer
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

I love the look of those slidders...crash bars on a beast would be a very bad look IMO.

I've been trying for a long time to work out how to make..and fit some on my Roadster.

Are they genuine BMW Power cup parts or custom made by San Hose?..I'd like to see those frame slidders even bigger and longer.

DJ
lee1980
Basic User

Post by lee1980 »

Thanks Kevin,

May only be plasitc I guess but prefectly shaped tofit the k12. Will see how much posatge is to be to Uk.

I agree DJ ive seen the sw motech crash bars sure they work but look horrible and make it look even wider! :shock:
Thanks

Rock on!!!

Lee1980
Bry
Basic User

Post by Bry »

Yes, gotta admit the hepco and SW motech bars are huge, I like the R&G kit that's out as well...

http://jocke.selincite.com/bikes/rg-crashprotectors

If you damage one it looks like you can cripple one of your local skating nerds and nick his wheels to replace it! :twisted:

Bry
I work so much to afford the toys I don't have time to use!
lee1980
Basic User

Post by lee1980 »

I was looking at the R&g's to but they may be to big i would be worried about them snapping off as they so long and maybe doing damage to frame or leave some theaded bolt left behind when it does snap off!

I would also be worried about the warrany to with BMw by using the R&g's on the frame.

I think Bmw ones are so short as they are just there to protect frame nothing else like clutch etc. The drive shaft and fork protectors look more worth while mind :D
Thanks

Rock on!!!

Lee1980