I want this bike but...

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

mcroad
Basic User

I want this bike but...

Post by mcroad »

why
* did they make the tank smaller 20,5l in R1150R -->18l in R1200R (like to drive not to tank...)
* put the oilcooler where I get most dirt. Back of the front wheel. (better looking also at the tank R1150R way)
* put this ugly cheap looking plastic cans on the handlebar.

Understand me right. I really like this bike. Motor, frame everything else but this "small" things" distressing me.

I want someone to convince me they are a better or equal solution then the "old one" and then I can buy the bike.

mcroad :?
ranmar850
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by ranmar850 »

Significantly lighter and faster, smoother-those clear reservoirs are a very normal fitting on modern bikes--tell you what, why don't you just wait till a demo is available, and just ride it? :D A small reduction in tank capacity really doesn't mean a lot, particularly when the hexheads get significantly better mileage than oilheads in all their incarnations released so far--most people, regardless of how expensive their seat is, are ready for a stop after a couple of hours :roll:
mcroad
Basic User

Post by mcroad »

Okey ranmar 850 today I test ride it.... it was great. Very much better handling than my old R1150R. When I was driving home on my bike I was thinking of how much better the new R12R is felling. Light and easy, more power ( and I have some "extra power fix" on my bike) now I want it much more. Tanks, cans and oilcooler who care, I think, this is the bike...
NHighCotton
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by NHighCotton »

what do you think of the butt ugly speedo and tach? IMO it stinks, so does the oil cooler but, next year when the price of a used one is half of a new one, I might take a ride.
2003 R1150R (SOLD 8/07)
(9/07) 05 FJR1300
1986 R80RT
1974 R90s antique (on the road again)
mcroad
Basic User

Post by mcroad »

NHighCotton wrote:what do you think of the butt ugly speedo and tach? IMO it stinks, so does the oil cooler but, next year when the price of a used one is half of a new one, I might take a ride.
I like the speedo and tach. Speedo could have been a little bigger for a better reading but thats maybe change if I get use to it. Maybe if you are used to the R1150R speedo and tach you can think this is not that "big and beatiful elektromecanic thing" as the old one but this is electronic, light and easy and gives you a lot of more information than the old one. Thats cool. One very good thing is the "gear indicator". I read it very clear with my sunglasses on. On my R1150R I have been try to shift when I was riding in 6th gear a lot of time. No more with this machin. Nice to have this tankmeter thats telling you how long you can go on the petrol in your tank.
One thing more I miss is a "hugger" because you couldt "look right in" under the sadel from your tire side and I suppose the dirt can do so to.
But, but if you ride it and compare it to your old R1150R, and I say this even I have not sold my old one yet, it feels that you have takeing a R1150R, get it to the gym and it have been so much lighter, so much stronger so it have been a completly new much better motorcycle. It looks like the old one but not a thing is the same. Go and try it and find out yourself... Okey, I admit, small tank, bad place cooler and ugly cans and now the hugger, it have same shortcoming but it sure is a very, very nice bike to ride... and if they have make it in red...

mcroad with 95830km today on my R1150R
(95 830 kilometer = 59 546.001 352 104 mile