GREAT experience with First Gear!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

renochs
Basic User

GREAT experience with First Gear!

Post by renochs »

I wasn't sure where to post this, but figured I would be safe posting to "off-topic".

I just wanted to share the tremendous customer service experience I recently had with First Gear.

I bought a pair of HT Air Over riding pants, and loved them. They were cool in the summer, warm in the winter (with the liner), dry and easy to use. Then the zippers started going bad. The leg zippers went first, then the crotch. They would just pull apart, and it was a bear to get them realigned.

I looked up the manufacturer's warranty, and I was past the cut-off date. I also did not have the original proof of purchase or receipt.

So I sent an email to FirstGear from their website asking for advice, not really expecting to ever get a reply.

Well, to my surprise, I got a response the SAME DAY from a man named Daniel Ward. He asked a few questions about the style of the pants, the QC#, etc. I replied and he said they would replace the pants for free! Wow!

So, I sent mine in, and a little while later, a new pair (newer year, even) showed up at my doorstep.

I have never heard of such a thing! How is that for customer service!
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

That's good to hear...and good to know.

Congratulations!

DSKYZD
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
Kevin Markwell
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Kevin Markwell »

Cool. Next time I'm trying to decide which brand to go with I'll remember this.
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage. --Bertrand Russell

Member #37 - Lifer
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by DJ Downunder »

What a great rap for First Gear...thanks for posting that..it's a nice surprise to get great customer service like that these days.. =D>

DJ