Maintaining the paint

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

ibux
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Maintaining the paint

Post by ibux »

Hi guys,

I was wondering how you maintain the paint on the bike - especially the tank. Do you use regular polish (even polish it at all)?

Thanks,
ibux
'08 Titan Silver Metallic / Magma Red R1200S
dougpaw57
Basic User

Post by dougpaw57 »

If you use any wax on it at all, it loses it's flat-black look. I saw one at the dealer where the customer had used regular car wax, it was a mess. The dealer was going to send it out to a paint shop to see if it could be stripped off.
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

A Baglux tank cover.

;)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
marousek
Basic User

No wax, no covers...

Post by marousek »

Hey there. I will tell you about the best thing you can use. It does amazing job on the tank, plastics, even on your car dash. No shine, no wax. It is the legendary 303 Aerospace Protectant. If your bike is dear to you, try it. It works amazing. The black will be richer for a few minutes after you apply it and then it will settle into the beautiful flat black we all love and cherish on our rides. Plus, the coating protects in the long run and provides protection.

There is tons of things out there, but 303 has been the king. And trust me, I tried almost anything I found on a shelf. (I may be little OCD when it comes to polishing and cleaning my vehicles.)
ibux
Basic User

Re: No wax, no covers...

Post by ibux »

marousek wrote:Hey there. I will tell you about the best thing you can use. It does amazing job on the tank, plastics, even on your car dash. No shine, no wax. It is the legendary 303 Aerospace Protectant. If your bike is dear to you, try it. It works amazing. The black will be richer for a few minutes after you apply it and then it will settle into the beautiful flat black we all love and cherish on our rides. Plus, the coating protects in the long run and provides protection.

There is tons of things out there, but 303 has been the king. And trust me, I tried almost anything I found on a shelf. (I may be little OCD when it comes to polishing and cleaning my vehicles.)
Sorry for this late answer, but now I've finally ordered the 303 Aerospace Protectant from a store here in Norway. Looking forward to trying it, thanks so much for your advice :D
ibux
ibux
Basic User

Re: No wax, no covers...

Post by ibux »

marousek wrote:Hey there. I will tell you about the best thing you can use. It does amazing job on the tank, plastics, even on your car dash. No shine, no wax. It is the legendary 303 Aerospace Protectant. If your bike is dear to you, try it. It works amazing. The black will be richer for a few minutes after you apply it and then it will settle into the beautiful flat black we all love and cherish on our rides. Plus, the coating protects in the long run and provides protection.

Well, I finally got the 303 Aerospace Protectant. And my bike has never looked better :)
It looks shiny and polished, but the flat black is still kept the way it should.

Highly recommended :D
ibux
marousek
Basic User

Re: Maintaining the paint

Post by marousek »

Great to hear you like it! The stuff truly is amazing.....

Another convert! And kudos for actually going through and ordering it.......it looks like around here we might have to soon as well. Slowly harder to find :evil: