Looking for a sport/touring shield + brackets for an '04 R

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Looking for a sport/touring shield + brackets for an '04 R

Post by towerworker »

Spring of '20 I sold my 2004 R and bought an 05 RT. The fella that bought my 04 is wanting to sell it back to me as I think he's gotten a bit nervous about
riding. (This was his first bike) I'll probably buy it back but the darn guy pulled the BMW touring screen plus a brand new laminar lip and tossed them out. Including the 4 BMW brackets. Geez!

On top of that he's done a bit of monkeying around with it and now it's running like crap. So I'll have some work to do prior to much riding. So I guess I'll be looking for a set of brackets and a shield. Wondering if anyone has one they'd consider selling?
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Re: Looking for a sport/touring shield + brackets for an '04 R

Post by Buckster »

https://r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php? ... um#p239672
I have this modified Parabellum Super Tour I'd be willing to sell. I don't use it anymore. I used to put it on in the winter for more coverage than my BMW flyscreen.
Buckster '03R
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

That looks interesting. I believe I read in the post that it has it's own mounts? Does not require the OEM mounts?

Another benefit is that you're just down the road from me. Let me get this bike back in my possession and I'll contact you.

I'm still mystified that this fella would remove a windshield, mounting hardware and laminar lip (less than a yr old) and toss them in the trash.
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Bogdan
Basic User

Post by Bogdan »

Glad to see you back in action. I wonder if you find yourself comparing R to RT, you don't end up selling the big boat. The R1150R is heavy enough. As to being mystified....something must be in the air....I've never had so much trouble understanding what people say and do.
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Post by Buckster »

Yes, it has it's own mounts. I have all the hardware.
Buckster '03R
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Bogdan wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:32 pm Glad to see you back in action. I wonder if you find yourself comparing R to RT, you don't end up selling the big boat. The R1150R is heavy enough. As to being mystified....something must be in the air....I've never had so much trouble understanding what people say and do.
I like the RT on the freeway/interstate but I don't spend a lot of time there. I do miss the R though. Looking forward to getting it back. I don't regret buying the RT and at this moment I plan to keep both. I've not ridden at all since probably late October. This is the longest I've ever gone without riding. Had major heart surgery mid March and ended up 51 days in the hospital recovering the last three weeks being in rehab. So I lost a fair amount of strength overall. But things are improving quickly. The heavier RT has been a concern for me but I feel certain that once I'm riding again those concerns will ease up. Hoping to be back on one or both bike within a month.
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint