Arkansas Traveler - (not good for dial-up)

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Great job! Very much enjoyed.

I have to ask...you didn't have a death grip on the bars at 110mph? If you were seeking confidence or empowerment or whatever you achieved it at that moment in my book.

You must have brass nerves!

John
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I have to ask...you didn't have a death grip on the bars at 110mph? If you were seeking confidence or empowerment or whatever you achieved it at that moment in my book.
John
HA! No. But at 118 mph, I couldn't take a picture so I had to settle for 110 mph.
And DJ - only one try at the last shot. It was an accident. I was trying to take a photo of flood waters that had extended the banks of the Trinity River and got a photo of myself instead.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

GypsyRR,

Absolutely amazing!! I saved several of the stunning scenic nature shots to my drive, like these 3:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p319 ... G_2307.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p319 ... G_2355.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p319 ... G_2419.jpg

If I ever need to get a crystal clear shot at 110, you'll have to tell me how the hell you did it.

Your detailed solo adventure would be a risky accomplishment for any man. For a lady . . . . on a M/C . . . . alone . . . . it's phenomenal.

You Go Girl!
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
gunga din
Basic User
Donating Member #: 2681

Post by gunga din »

Gypsy RR

Great ride, great report ...just reiterating what everyone has said; but since you took the time to share, thought it best to let you know it was appreciated...

thanks

Gunga
Hari om
Valueman
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Valueman »

Gypsy,

Awesome report. Though my 1150R isn't seeing many miles now, I still check this board fairly frequently, and the main reason I do so is for the awesome ride reports. I don't have the time to ride all the roads I really want to, but I can ride them mentally thanks to so many here.

I will also admit that I occasionally go back and read some of my old ride reports - a ride down memory lane :)

Until very recently I was almost exclusively a credit card camper. So far this year I have camped at about a half a dozen rallies or other motorcycle gatherings. I could really identify with you comments about learning by doing when it comes to packing, etc.

Thanks again for the effort you put into this great report!!

VM
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Well, my dial up finally caught up. What a ride! "Well, the standard for ride reports keeps going up! I can't compete! Laughing" No lie there. I won't even post one. Looking good girl! :wink: :D
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Your trip reports are outstanding.
In my current location they are the best entertainment there is (for my tasete).
Image[/img]

I'm not a T-shirt type, but this helps me feel a little closer to home (along w/ R1150R.net).

Don't stop posting ride reports, any of you. Gypsy sets the standard (& keeps raisinng it), lets try to keep up (& stay entertained).

DLS
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Daryl,
I was in the Iron Pony Superstore Tuesday evening. It's huge.

Gypsy that looked like a great trip, and brings the longing for the road to my mind.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

It's huge for sure. I'm trying to get a pic of me on motorcycle here (China) with my t-shirt on and send it to them. It's nice to have someplace to try-on a variety boots / gloves / pants etc..

Makes a good riding destination.

Gypsy; if you take a trip that far north check out their close-out / clearance section. Leather track / riding pants for $40, but only if you're the right size. Their website isn't as nice as some others, but I've never been anywhere with a selection that big. NewEnough is in Texas somewhere; maybe they're a close second. I got a jacket for MLW and the service / delivery / quality was exactly what I expected (very good).

DLS
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Post by Buckster »

All I can say is "WOW!" I have been wanting to take a solo trip out to the Badlands. I will someday when I get the time and nerve to do it.
GREAT story and GREAT photos! Thanks for sharing!
Buckster '03R
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

Where is the Iron Pony Superstore (or did I miss that information in a post somewhere)?

I didn't realize New Enough was in Texas, but that explains their hospitality! :lol: They are great people to work with when ordering or having to send something back. And I like the honest reviews they give. I'll find it and go visit it and send back pics for you guys - and check out the clearance section.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
chibbert
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 202

Post by chibbert »

There's only one Iron Pony Superstore - that's in Columbus, Ohio. It truly is about the best place to try on "all brands" at the same time.

If you can't make it to Columbus - find them at http://www.ironpony.com

Gypsy - great post!
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

Thanks Dave.

I agree - moving a tent every night isn't ideal, but it wasn't too difficult either, since I don't have much camping gear yet (just a tent/sleeping pad).

My next trip, I will stay in one place and take rides out from there. I'm planning on just chillin' on that trip with good books, a swimming hole, no internet, no cell service, a river, a fly rod, and camera for 5-6 days, maybe longer. But I'll do some rides in the morning and evenings when it's not so hot and the tar snakes haven't turned to slime.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
munchmeister
Basic User

Post by munchmeister »

Well Gypsy, you've done it again... a GREAT ride report. Like DJ said, good ride reports are work and yours shows as a labor of love.

In my every improving condition, ride reports are all I've got... for a while longer. I truly enjoyed traveling with you through Arkansas and Oklahoma, even if only vicariously.

And on top of that, I improved my vocabulary... peregrinate... never heard the word before.

I loved that last photo. That says it all in a way.

Thank you for sharing your ride.

--Doug
munchmeister
'02 R1150GS
'01 F650GS
'04 R1150R - R.I.P. 4/29/07
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

Great photo-journalistic production Gypsy RR. You did yourself proud!
Thank you for all the effort it took to make it happen here.
You're an inspiration...I'll try to get some pics posted after perginating (LOL, you sent me to a dictionary, a very BIG dictionary!) to PEI and Nova Scotia, because I know you like that part of the world...But they won't be as good as yours!
Peregrinate – that’s what I’m best at doing. And so is my bike
To travel, to journey, esp. on foot.
Rich
ADIOS!
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

Here's the definition of peregrinate that I like best:

Peregrinate
verb

To make or go on a journey: pass, travel, trek, trip. To travel about or journey on foot: backpack, hike, march, traipse, tramp, trek. To move about at random, especially over a wide area: drift, gad, gallivant, meander, ramble, range, roam, rove, stray, traipse, wander.

Just the definition makes you wanna get up and get out, doesn't it?
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
munchmeister
Basic User

Post by munchmeister »

GypsyRR wrote:Here's the definition of peregrinate that I like best:

Peregrinate
verb

To make or go on a journey: pass, travel, trek, trip. To travel about or journey on foot: backpack, hike, march, traipse, tramp, trek. To move about at random, especially over a wide area: drift, gad, gallivant, meander, ramble, range, roam, rove, stray, traipse, wander.

Just the definition makes you wanna get up and get out, doesn't it?
That's so good it made it into my Evernote collection... soon to find a spot on my Smugmug site. I like it... gotta get out on a journey... hmmmmm

--Doug
munchmeister
'02 R1150GS
'01 F650GS
'04 R1150R - R.I.P. 4/29/07
Boxer Briefs
Lifer

Post by Boxer Briefs »

Thanks for a great report Gypsy! About two days before you lit out on this trip I returned home from my longest trip, Seattle to NYC and back, nearly 8000 miles by the time it was completed. But what prompted this reply was one particular pic of your speedo. Although yours is a better picture, just a few days before you took it I took one that is VERY similar while riding through Idaho! I guess great (or perhaps foolish) minds think alike.

Cheers!
'03 R1150R '78 R80/7
Member #591
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

8000 mile trip!!!! How long were you traveling? Did you do a ride report?
Kristi
05 Granite Grey