ARKANSAS IN AUTUMN '07 - Mini Bash Sign Up

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

ARKANSAS IN AUTUMN '07 - Mini Bash Sign Up

Post by GypsyRR »

The decision has been made (based on my schedule and the motel's openings).

Nov. 2-4, 2007 in Ozark, Arkansas.
http://www.ozarkmotel.com/

PHONE: 479-667-1500

Everyone is responsible for their own reservations. I have the nights of Friday Nov. 2 and Saturday Nov. 3 securred. If you want to add nights to your stay, you will need to do so when you call to make your reservations. If she has openings, she will accomodate your request. If not, there are two other motels in the town and a plethora of campgrounds nearby.

I have blocked 15 rooms under the name BMW r1150r.

10 Single (King) Rooms
5 Doulble Rooms

They are all non-smoking rooms, so if you want to change that, you will need to let Joan know when you call her.

The rate for each night is $45 + tax = $50.18.

I suggest booking early because this weekend will still be part of the peak color change season for that part of Arkansas and rooms will fill up quickly.

There is a restaurant on the property for breakfast with typical "down home cookin'" and there are other close by restaurants where we can all gather on Friday/Saturday night for great meals.

The older couple (older than me) running this little motel are very sweet and very kind. You will love talking with Joan or her husband Ron when you call to make your reservations. If you have any questions about the area, they are excited and able to tell you all about their county and state. They love the motorcycles and love the people who come to stay with them.

SO WHO'S IN? (besides me?)
Last edited by GypsyRR on Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

DEADLINE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS Oct. 1, 2007
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Hmmmm! I've been looking at an Arkansas Ozarks ride for a while.... this works. Who will insure NO RAIN!

I'll call the Ozark Motel and get settled... IN
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

I think I am in! I will call and make a reservation!

November around here is close to my favorite riding time (leaves down improves visibility in curves, cool enough for the good riding gear not to be hot and the tourists are gone! :wink: ), so I would think further south, it should be as good!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

I'm in, obviously. But I'm probably going up early and leaving late, so I'm still trying to decide how many nights to book for myself.

I'm thinking about getting there Wed so I can spend Thursday making sure all the roads are cleared, swept, and readied and that the rain has been held back so you guys will have a great time. 'Course it ain't my State, so I don't know how much power I can exercise there, but I'll do my best.

I would guess that you guys living further North would have some beautiful color changing sights along the whole ride to Arkansas. Nice road trip.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

These dates coincide with the 28th Annual Hot Springs Ramble of the Wilderness Rally Beemers at Gulpha Gorge Campground. Check it out at : http://www.bmwmoa.org/happenings/whereandwhen.htm
There will be a lot o' Beemers out there then! :D
Rich
ADIOS!
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

100 miles away....we can do an Ambassador Exchange Program.
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

MikeCam wrote:100 miles away....we can do an Ambassador Exchange Program.
I don't have any more ambassador's left to exchange!!!!
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Made my reservation today (I think). The block is not yet apparent to whomever took my call...so I said: BMW Group....

I get the best room!!!!!

M
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

MikeCam wrote:Made my reservation today (I think). The block is not yet apparent to whomever took my call...so I said: BMW Group....

I get the best room!!!!!

M
You probably talked to Ron, and he was not yet cognizant of the BMW group coming to visit them. Joan is lady with whom I set up the block of rooms, and I'm sure she will notify Ron soon. Just mentioning the BMW group should get you in the block of rooms I’ve reserved. However, if you must mention my name, they only know me as “Kristi” (not Gypsy). I think all will be fine.

I made my reservations yesterday and all went well. I doubled checked to make sure the rooms were blocked and she told me they were. This is an older “roadside” motel being restored to it’s 1950’s look. The rooms are nice, clean, and simple - including a refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, and very comfortable bed.
Last edited by GypsyRR on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
munchmeister
Basic User

Post by munchmeister »

GypsyRR wrote:I would guess that you guys living further North would have some beautiful color changing sights along the whole ride to Arkansas. Nice road trip.
Man, oh man, this temps me, Gypsy. I'm not ridin' yet, just got rid of the cane and am charging up the battery on my F650GS (the first bike), just to hear the sound of a motorcycle under me again. Just can't say for sure and it would be a long ride from Ft.Collins but GEEZ I'm jonesin' to get on a bike again and I would love to meet up with you and all the folks on the board who sent good vibes for my recovery. Ya never know, you just might see me there.... :shock:

--Doug
munchmeister
'02 R1150GS
'01 F650GS
'04 R1150R - R.I.P. 4/29/07
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

munchmeister wrote:Just can't say for sure and it would be a long ride from Ft.Collins but GEEZ I'm jonesin' to get on a bike again and I would love to meet up with you and all the folks on the board who sent good vibes for my recovery. Ya never know, you just might see me there.... :shock:

--Doug
October 1 is the deadline, so take your time. You went through a pretty bad accident and a lot of rehab. Don't decide until you've had time to get back on a bike and see how you feel about riding again. I hope you do decide to ride again if it is something you desire to do, but I also would caution you to take your time in re-building the confidence and skills you need to ride safely.

It's good to hear you even thinking about riding again, and then to hear you talk about attempting a trip that far is pretty inspiring after what you've been through. :smt023
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I am working on my schedule. Will know in a week or so. I may head to AR by way of North Georgia. The blast back via superslab.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
RBrider
Basic User

Post by RBrider »

Hey Biff

How 'bout blasting out to Ark on the slab, then returning via SW NC/ No Ga mtns. That's what I'm going to do. I can put you up at my place in Topton NC, & we'll do a day or two of riding in the area. (Or whatever you have time for).

The offer extends to all Gypsy Bash attendees. I have room for ten without anyone sleeping on the floor.

Seems like a good way to extend the fun of the Bash.

RB
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

Great idea RB! And what an offer. You just made a great weekend even more tempting for some out East, I'm sure. THANKS!
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Aitch
Basic User

Post by Aitch »

I can ride down from Eureka Springs Friday night or Sat AM.

Disclaimer:
I was not involved in any altercation nor am I affiliated with the Hells Angels, their minions, affiliates or rivals.
(The Angels celebrated their 50th in ES last weekend and a few got busy with a rival social club.)

Don't know what the plans are but I have a copy of Caruso's Arkansas Riders Guide and could suggest day rides from Ozark and provide maps.

I've only had my R for a few months and of course, not been on a group ride so don't know what to expect.

Gypsy, thanks for the referral, I have not been looking at Group Rides.
02 R1150 R Black
69 GMC Stroker
84 300ZX
74 CL450 Scrambler

Which way where and if any when?
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

RB,
That is a good possibility. I just need to get through the next week at work, and I will be better able to prepare.

I have been dreaming of Topton since this spring. I also have to clear a week long mc trip with my wife.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Aitch,

Don't get the wrong idea. We gather as a group, but the rides tend to be 3-4 folks max, each group going different ways. We do not do one large event for all riders to participate ('cept dinner for the hobbits).
Aitch
Basic User

Post by Aitch »

Thanks for the feedback. The Hells Angels reference was mostly for humor on a current local event. I don't envision a large pack of wild BMW riders decending on a hapless village.

Anyway, there should be several great day rides out of Ozark.

Thanks again.
02 R1150 R Black
69 GMC Stroker
84 300ZX
74 CL450 Scrambler

Which way where and if any when?
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

A 1.5 minute video of a portion of the Pig Trail in Arkansas which is just north of Ozark is posted HERE. It should give you an idea of what part of 23 is like. There are other roads which I think are even better than the Pig Trail (23) ....... roads with steep drop offs and climbs and descents, and none of them are too far from Ozark.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey