First Bike Search-Alabama

This forum houses topics related to other BMW bikes that dont have their own forum (s1000r, r9t, K1200R, F800, r1250r, GS, HP2, HP4, F, K bikes, etc), or upcoming machines

Moderator: Moderators

kantuckid
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

First Bike Search-Alabama

Post by kantuckid »

One of my adult sons is into looking for a first bike. He lives in Birmingham,Al and works out of town frequently in Pensacola,Cartersville,Ga and other SE USA locations.I am steering him towards a Honda 125/175/250 to find out if he likes riding(he has been an onroad bicycle racer-knees are not up to that).I guess he is a chip off the old- thats OLD block, as he likes the airheads and I told him the R100R and R65 were candidates for easy riding too, as are some other Jap bikes. I am hoping he buys the Ducati Monza 250 on ebay so I can ride it! I do body work on the side and am a mechanic so he can buy a project ,but a rider is more logical as I live in KY, not AL.I offered him my Honda 75 CB 400f super sport but he is not getting in a hurry yet. Say, I just balanced the crabs and took a short sunday ride-it gives you a ride that my R1150R is missing-more of a sports car kinda thing.After riding the big BMW's for awhile, it is nice to get on a light bike that you can toss around, and my short legs are always near the ground too!Holler if you know of a bike around him-no crotch rockets or non 1st rider candidates need apply!
def38
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: First Bike Search-Alabama

Post by def38 »

Any late model boxer will do....easy to wrench, plenty of power and very good on trips...BMW's Swiss Army Knife motorcycle...by one and don't look back.
Dennis....quit worrying about your oil..go ride