Paralever Torque Arm

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: Paralever Torque Arm

Post by sweatmark »

The rear brake is super easy to bleed, given that the bleed nipple sits high in the caliper - plus you can pump the foot brake with right hand while wrenching with left. Just be careful to keep the reservoir filled sufficiently to avoid any air in caliper supply hose. You'll definitely feel when you've purged the air from the rear brake circuit and pedal firms up.

I wish the front brakes were so easy.
AirForceDirt
Basic User

Post by AirForceDirt »

Knowing that I do NOT know how destructive brake fluid is, I'm going to take extra precautions that said fluid does not touch anything even remotely related to my motorcycle. I probably should pick up a container of brake fluid since i'm probably going to use a lot, or enough to warrant refilling. We'll see. Ought to be later this week.
Jaguar5
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 706

Post by Jaguar5 »

AirForceDirt wrote:Well, I bought a GS rear brake line (nothing seems to be cheap with beemers, damnit) so when that gets in I'll find someone who knows how to bleed a a non-abs bmw and will be willing to help me, since I'm NOT going to pay the nice BMW dealership $81 an hour to bleed my brakes.
AirForceDirt,

I completely understand your hesitancy to dole out our local BMW dealership rates. Just FYI, I have had very good success with a local shop called Zee's Motor Werks here in our region. The owner has done some very good work on my bike so far. He has been very conscious of what does and does not need to be done, how it needs to be and can be accomplished, and how to minimize the cost to the owner. You might want to check him out.
Blue '02 R1150R
Member # 706
oliverehmig
Basic User

Post by oliverehmig »

Greetings to all.

Talking about 365mm Paraleveler arm.
ANy place to buy it?

Cant find one :(
riceburner
Basic User