Beakster Bash VI - First Image

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Beakster Bash VI - First Image

Post by MikeCam »

The only photo I have from the Bash - somewhere along some road and river in West Virginia.

And a rough Google Map of the routes followed during the trip...

Highlights:

Never rained on us during a ride. Both days while we were at lunch and twice just as we were arriving back at the motel.

Some Deputy Sheriff in Nicholas County, responding to a call at high speed through town, narrowly missed T-boning an inattentive driver running a stop sign. His control and recovery skills were a sight to behold.

We rode beside and over the following rivers: Holly, Gauley, Elk, Meadow, Birch, Cherry, Cranberry, Williams, New and Greenbrier during the Saturday ride. To/from included the Kanawha, Bullpasture, Cowpasture, Calfpasture, Little Calfpasture, Maury, Jackson, North, Middle,South, Pedlar, and Shenandoah.

Thad was the member from the furthest west. I do not know who was from furthest north or east - the Jersey gang out numbered all others.

We passed through Rainelle (old Indian name for "Little Rain") most often - it just happened that way.
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Re: Beakster Bash VI - First Image

Post by R4R&R »

Hmm...Let's see: Vann, Brian, (don't know the GS) and Mike's ST? Or are those all your bikes Mike?
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Hmmm... let's see. From rear to front: Brian with bags on; Vann with bags off. '02 GS is Mac (formerly Cam); '05 ST is Cam (formerly Morton's) - but it is already for sale!
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

Will this be the official Bash report page? Here is mine.

As MikeCam said, never got rained on while riding (except one brief, light shower), until I was 40 miles from home. Met up with Mike Cam and Mac at Amherst, VA and rode to WV, picking up DSKYSD (Brian) along the way.

Nice ride on some real back roads on Saturday. Brian and I rode for an hour and 15 minutes on backroads heading home Sunday morning without catching up to or having to pass one car! Fun!

Great to see everyone. Here is a link to my photos. Click the first one to start the slideshow. Apologies for some of the blurry ones shot from the bike. My photography while riding is still a work in progress! :roll:

http://gallery.me.com/vannwaters#100139
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Music didn't play...
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Because there isn't any.
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Well that sucks!
bobw
Basic User

Post by bobw »

Great photos. That is some beautiful country to ride.

Safe travels

Bob
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

That's it? No other reports or photos?
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

I have a bunch, but stupid Google made random links that has a naughty word in it. And since this is a civilized place to discuss matters of the R, it was not tolerated. Starting process now of making new album. Hope to have a new album up soon.

FYI, your contribution was not missed ;)
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

jfslater98 wrote:
FYI, your contribution was not missed ;)
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Here...

Brian got some tire washing done while awaiting Vann's departure preparations.
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

And here is a shot from Vann's album...

We will have a stealth Bash here soon.... secret handshake, password, probably a tattoo required to get the location.
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I have a few pics, etc. but have been busy this week. I'll try to post them tomorrow. Back to bed now.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Marty2
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 492

Post by Marty2 »

Here's my contribution:

I met up with JFSlater98 Wed. afternoon and did a quick slab ride to Winchester VA.
On Thursday morning we met up with Doc and TJ in New Market VA for the ride to Fayetteville(The Jersey Boyz contingent was complete).

At a lookout just into WV on Rte 33

33 at the VA - WV state line was an amazing road., I could have spent a day there going back and forth over the mountain.
We walked in to The Marlinton Motor Inn 10 min. before they closed for lunch, had the whole place to ourselves and we were entertained by Chatty Cathy our waitress(learned her life history in the hour we were there).The rest of the ride was uneventful with no rain encountered until we walked into the motel office, despite the doom and gloom predicted by the Weather Channel.

On Friday I hooked up with Jeff, Thad and John for a spirited ride to Weston WV for lunch via 16,4 and other roads I can't remember(I'm sure Jeff will chime in). John parted company with us and took off to explore on his own. Lunch in downtown Weston was at a Breakfast/Bar establishment with a very unique Mens room(you had to be there, I won't go into details ).

The building across the street had its own character

After lunch a particular short cut (aka Flat Run Rd GPS coordinates at our summit stopping point N38 44.763 W80 24.156) , that Jeff decided to take after getting advice from a local fisherman got particularly interesting. Thads only question was, what is the waiting period to buy a handgun in WV? I think I heard Banjos playing in a distance.

The approach side.
The road was just regraded with1 1/2" loose gravel. Interesting on an RT to say the least.

The Summit. Best spot on the whole road.

The descent is where the road got really interesting.
Did 5 water crossings, 1 wash out, numerous rock avoidances, a couple of hundred ft. of water running down the travel lane with some muddy spots thrown in for good measure. I would have taken more pics but its tough trying to stop going down hill in gravel with ABS with arse checks clenched pretty tight . We finally reached a blacktop road and the ride back was fun and uneventful with a few sprinkles thrown in.
Thanks Jeff for a ride I will never forget.

On Saturday Jeff, Paul(second wind) and I took off in search of John Henrys(The Steel Driven Man) statue.

After the statue visit we headed to Lewisburg and found a nice place to have lunch which was located across the street from a Civil War reenactment. Jeff kept saying Him and I were the only Yankees there. On the ride back was the only time we hit any rain to speak of and that wasn't that bad.
Thanks Jeff for another good day.

Sunday was departure day and the end of another fun Bash. Thanks to everyone there for a great time and looking forward to next years Bash in Tennessee.

More pics at: http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o280 ... Bash%20VI/

Marty
# 492
2013 Wee Strom
There is a thin line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

Here is my take on the bash. Click this link if you want to see the whole album, along with my "hilarious" commentary.

The highlight pics below link to the full version.

Sorry for the delay GypsyRR, see if you can find your contribution to this year's Bash.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Nice pics and great looking roads.....Man, I will make one before I die! :twisted:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F