Bar-end Mirrors

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

MattPie
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Bar-end Mirrors

Post by MattPie »

Every time I take the mirrors off my bike (for track-day), I notice how much I don't like the originals, or likely any 'above-the-grip' mirrors. I was looking at the Oberon mirrors (http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-bar-end-mirrors/). When I took off the weights to have a look at the ends of the bars, I realized that the R1150R bars aren't at all normal, verified by the parts diagrams.

Does anyone have bar-ends on their bike? What type? Are the Rockster bars the same construction or are them a 'normal' hollow bar?
Go Sabres!
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Re: Bar-end Mirrors

Post by boxermania »

MattPie

I haven't found many people that have bar ends on their oilheads. Certainly the OEM can use some improvement and most folks go to the K bike prior generation mirrors.

I personally enjoy the Napoleon bar ends and have used them on most of my bikes. There is a little mod to the mirror and you need a longer bar end bolt but they worked very well for me. Go to the user rides, page 4 and look at the last bike, the Atlanta Blue, click on one of the pics to enlarge. If you are interested on the Napoleons let me know as I have some pics of them prior to the installation.
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
mcollect
Lifer

Post by mcollect »

I have had Napoleons on the last three bikes I got the RR and put them on. Not as good as the former bikes. I went with the K mirrors and they are great.
Michael
MG 78 LeMans
2002 R1150R
78 R100S
Airman
Basic User

Post by Airman »

MattPie wrote:Every time I take the mirrors off my bike (for track-day), I notice how much I don't like the originals, or likely any 'above-the-grip' mirrors. I was looking at the Oberon mirrors (http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-bar-end-mirrors/). When I took off the weights to have a look at the ends of the bars, I realized that the R1150R bars aren't at all normal, verified by the parts diagrams.

Does anyone have bar-ends on their bike? What type? Are the Rockster bars the same construction or are them a 'normal' hollow bar?
I thought about them when I had shorter bars on my bike because of the poor rear view coverage. I have the KRS, sort of rectangular mirrors, and when I put on the Wunderlich touring bars the view was fantastic. They're a little wider than the stock bar so I can nearly see the First Gear emblem on the back of my jacket. (Well, almost) Aerostich sells a couple of bar end mirrors, you might take a look at their catalog. In the end I decided they'd look really cool if I had one of those retro Triumph Cafe racers, but it wasn't that neat on my big burly RR.
I don't get caught in the rain, I ride in it on purpose.