Arkansas inmates: Information Please !

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

ka5ysy
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Arkansas inmates: Information Please !

Post by ka5ysy »

Hey guys and gals... my boss lady wants to take a trip up your way and probably base out of Hot Springs to look at fall colors and do some good rides. We are planning a 3 or 4 day weekend. Suggestions please?
MSF #127350 NAUI #36288
2011 RT
WARNING: TEST RIDING THE R1200R IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FINANCES
bobw
Basic User

Re: Arkansas inmates: Information Please !

Post by bobw »

The good folks at i bmw have a ride there yearly. Here is a link to some reports that may give you some ideas. Beautiful region, just a little soggy at the moment :( .

http://www.i-bmw.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164
Dale_K
Basic User

Post by Dale_K »

I live near Hot Springs, in Hot Springs Village. You might want to rent a condo here in the Village. It probably wouldn't be any more expensive than a motel in town and about 100 times safer for you and the bike. Most of the local real estate outfits will rent them on a daily fee basis. PM me if you want a specific phone number.

Behind my house in Hot Springs Village. Nine golf courses. This is the crummiest.

You'll want to visit the old part of town and 'Bath House Row', aka Hot Springs National Park. Very nice scenic roads nearby. The ride north on AR Rt 7 is really nice. Visit Nimrod Dam, Mount Magazine, Petit Jean State Park. Stop at the Museum of Automobiles near Petit Jean.

Petit Jean Park
Auto Museum nearby.
Route 7 through the Corvette windshield

Nice rides to the west too, at the OK border but I can't think of the name of the road. Something 'staircase'.

East you could see Little Rock and the Clinton presidential library. They're having an Egyptian exhibit at the AR art museum all fall & winter.

Today was much more low-brow. There is a huge BBQ cookoff and car show this weekend at the airport. Seeing as how Hot Springs doesn't actually have airline service anymore there's plenty of parking there for events like that.
ka5ysy
Triple Lifer

Post by ka5ysy »

Hi Dale:

Thanks for the heads-up on the condo rentals. That looks like a good possibility for us. As I fix on a specific date, I will give you a pm and get the info.

Doug
MSF #127350 NAUI #36288
2011 RT
WARNING: TEST RIDING THE R1200R IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FINANCES
redwing
Basic User

Post by redwing »

ka5ysy... I recently saw on PBS about a river in Arkansas called Buffalo River. I have never been to Arkansas but believe it to be a really beautiful place. This river is in the Ozark Mountian range in north west Arkansas. I tried to copy an address on google maps but it didn't take. Do a google map search for Buffalo National River Area. What I saw on the PBS docu. was real nice. Hope this is useful information.
And just a thought ... most of the National Parks have hotels and there are several National Parks around Yellowstone and Yosemite. And there is Glacier National park in north west Montana.
I'll fillup my bike and go cruise the parks ... yeah ... robert calling earth. :?:

Robert
08' R1200R
Sweet...