How satisfied are you with your Dealer?

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

rpoppen
Basic User

Re: How satisfied are you with your Dealer?

Post by rpoppen »

1. Glad to mention the dealer: Grass Roots in Cape Girardeau MO. Purchase experience was very good. I initially planned to buy a used R12R online and went to the dealer to see how I fit on the bike. They had an 07 with low miles and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I sold my GS1100 online and we met at the dealer to do the swap. Rode the GS to the dealer and home on the R.

2. Service and parts also very good. They've contacted me about recall/warranty work and are helpful in tracking down parts. I've had no major repair, only regular service at 6K-mile intervals, which they've done in a timely fashion. Of course, you pay BMW prices. Haven't asked about loaner bike since I have the time to hang around the shop, ask questions, look at new stuff, etc.

3. Dealer is only 30 miles away; it is much friendlier than the much larger dealer in STL, 100 miles away. If I lived in STL, I would drive to Cape. There is a local rat-hole shop run by guys I've known for decades. I go there for tire changes - much cheaper than dealer.

I'm a guy, ride solo. My girlfriend used to ride with me but quit when she became a wife and mother. Refuses to get back on now that kids are grown. Go figure.

--Roger
---------------------------------
Roger Poppen
<http://mypage.siu.edu/drrock/>
Coyote Crazy
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 723

Post by Coyote Crazy »

1) Very Satisfied - My son and I both have purchased bikes at BMW Motorcycles of Ventura County in Newbury Park, CA. Great bunch of guys. Great sales group, knowledgeable but no pressure.

2) Very Satisfied - I have had excellent service from their service department and their parts department. They get the bike done on time. They have a mix of older and newer loaner bikes, always one available with an advance appointment or if the bike must stay overnight. If you have a request for a specific loaner they will try and oblige. They are always quick to tell you to ride the loaner all you want (like over a weekend). They even open the shop once a month after hours and have one of their tech/mechanics (Howard) share with us service procedures and techniques (last night was emergency road repairs). The sessions last 2 1/2 to 3. It is fascinating to watch a professional mechanic do the service. Howard really knows his stuff and shared a number of techniques with us.

3) I will use them. (There are a number of non-BMW dealers closer) They are about 45 minutes from my home. I buy my parts from them as well. I want them to stay in business. They are a great source of information about all aspects of riding. (See above)

Male, Married - Wife has no interest in riding 2 up, or at all for that matter. She has attended the open houses at the dealer with me and enjoys conversing with the staff. She has also purchased a number of items as gifts for me from the dealer. :D Life is good!

Check them out http://www.bmwventura.com/
Rick B. - Santa Clara River Valley, CA
Iron Butt Member 54010

2007 R1200R Crystal Gray
famousperson
Sextuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 599

Post by famousperson »

The dealer I bought my bike from was fantastic but went out of business immediately after selling me my bike (it was the last one of any kind on their showroom floor). For service I go to the only other other local dealer, European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh. They did my warranty work without complaint (only dealing with the service bulletins was necessary), have been competent, and are in the ballpark pricewise for the service work they've done. My only complaint is that it takes weeks, literally, to get an appointment at any time of year.

The parts people are not nearly as sharp as the Harley parts folks I've dealt with, but they get the job done--selling what they have to sell and ordering what has to be ordered.

When, if, the time comes to buy another bike, I am not looking forward to dealing with their sales staff--unless it's with the owner himself. From the contact I have had with them they are an uninspired bunch, although not particularly unsavory. However, I probably will because the next closer dealer is 90 miles away and there are always thises and thats one needs with a brand new bike (see post re tool kit above), and I opt for convenience.

I am male, married and ride strictly one-up. As far as my wife's participation in the purchase goes, one day I just came home with it, having left my Harley Sportster behind.
'07 R1200R
Life Member #599
NAUI Inst. #1434 (since 1969)
daveyator
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by daveyator »

Well BMW motorcycles of Riverside JUST opened. They sent me a "come down and get a free wash" card. Got to BS with the owner about opening headaches. Wound up taking a chance on the 18K service and new tires from them. Mechanics were easy to talk to, easy to schedule etc. TIres were spendy but the service seemed reasonable ($265). I usually go to Irv Seaver in orange county but they are always booked up and seem a little expensive. I bought the bike there. Good non pressure sales environment including multiple test rides but they won't bargain (not even a little). They did give a fair amount of discount on accessories however. Overall I'd have to say I "like" both dealerships.
I finally got got an RT!
'11 R1200R Classic, '07 R12R, '99 R1100R. Gone but not forgotten
rokinrider
Basic User

Post by rokinrider »

Thumbs up for Gateway BMW in St Louis. Nice folks, very professional. Likewise for Gina's BMW in Iowa City Iowa!!
I purchased my 09 leftover from Gateway rode it home to Iowa and Gina's did the first service. I could tell they weren't happy I did not buy it from them but they admitted the base model I purchased was getting hard to come by. =D>
Speed cures all handling problems.
2009 R-12R awesome
2000 HD FLHT 95" slightly modified
hjsbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 711

Post by hjsbmw »

I have two dealers close by but have relatively little experience with either. I bought the bike used from a private party.

The Raleigh dealer did a warranty repair, and it seems they did a good job. The service people for sure worked very clean. No loaner, I had to get the bike towed there by roadside assistance, and the service manager trailered it back to mi casa.

I only know one sales person at the Greensboro dealer. He is very helpful, the kind of guy you want to know.
Harald
2007 BMW R1200R
ka5ysy
Triple Lifer

Post by ka5ysy »

Baton Rouge Update:

Hebert's BMW is now BMW of Baton Rouge. Mr. and Mrs. Hebert are both deceased, and Andy Rispone is the dealer principal now, having purchased the dealership. Jim is back as the GM, and Cory and James are still working on the bikes. Clark King is the sales guy. The dealership is being upgraded and remodeled and will be stocking BMW clothing along with a lot of accessories such as helmets, and riding gear along with the other usual farkles.

These are great folks to work with and are reasonably priced.

Doug
MSF #127350 NAUI #36288
2011 RT
WARNING: TEST RIDING THE R1200R IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FINANCES
Patch
Lifer
Donating Member #: 975

Post by Patch »

Very satisfied. And though i scramble my plate in photos I try to leave their tag visible for that very reason.

I bought my R2011R from MAX in CT back in May and have been quite surprised by the attention to detail, the personal connection they foster and the overall appreciation of my business from every area of the shop: sales, service and even Max himself. I say surprised as it is rare to find that in any retail-based environment, let alone a dealership during a recession!

I have a 'local' dealer 15 minutes from my home - but during my 'shopping/looking/test-riding' I learned very quickly that they were not the place for my hard earned $$. I happily ride past and don't think twice about it.

I spent considerable time pre-purchase in both Troy and Brookfield and am very pleased that I got a great bike and helped support a great business. Not only would I buy there again, I wouldn't (and don't) hesitate in recommending them to others.
2011 R1200 R
Mustang Man
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Mustang Man »

I purchased my new R1200R from Red Mountain Motorsports, also known as BMW of Birmingham Alabama. They are a new dealership and I was their 4th customer. I was treated very well despite the fact their were not officially open yet. Their grand opening will be tomorrow, Sept. 8th. They are close and have a great location. The people are great and seem very happy to please. They are right down the street from Barbers Motor Sports Park. If you are ever in the B'ham area stop by Barbers and see the largest collection of motorcycles in the US. Then you can zip on over to the BMW shop.
Tell them Marvin sent you.... :D
rokinrider
Basic User

Post by rokinrider »

I dotn't go back to my local dealer unless it's something I need right away! Pretty sad waiting around along with a crowd of people for an oil filter or just to pay your service bill. Special friends of the dealer just walk right in and get moved right up the list. I was warned before I purchased my R bike. Thank god for Max and Bob's and the beemer bone yard.
Speed cures all handling problems.
2009 R-12R awesome
2000 HD FLHT 95" slightly modified
tedbmw
Basic User

Post by tedbmw »

Hermys Port Clinton Pa. .......... Very satisfied.
Faylo
Lifer
Donating Member #: 978

Post by Faylo »

Gateway BMW in St. Louis. Highly satisfied.

Sales, parts, accessories and service personnel are knowledgeable and friendly. Prices are fair and quite often equal to or less than what you can find online. Good selection of accessories and apparel and not just BMW branded items.

-Jim
2010 BMW R1200R Alpine White (Need another. :()
1997 Kawasaki ZX11
1969 BMW R50/2 w/hack
Petey
Basic User

Post by Petey »

Max of Portsmouth, NH. Treated me as had I purchased the R1150R from their dealership, even though it was purchased privately. Very satisfied with their 12K service and selection of accessories. Loaner bike (new F650 GS) was provided to me - even though my motorcycle endorsement was only 2 weeks old. I'm only 25 miles away - but another fellow waiting with me had driven 5 hrs from Vermont for his service! I will be taking my business back to Max. At this point I'm riding mostly alone, although my wife is licensed too.