Greetings from another Oz owner

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

erchin
Basic User

Greetings from another Oz owner

Post by erchin »

Hi guys , I was a lurker but now I've exposed myself. This is the first new technology bike that I have ever owned. I enjoy the boxer twins and have a few older models that I restored and ride.

I have the fast colour ever produced a white R12. 2010 model , I know black comes a close second.

While a naked bike is cool , I really wanted to have a bikini fairing on the bike to take the edge off the wind , much like an R100S. I ordered a WUDO because the lines follow and suite the bike. I dumped Wudo's screen because it was crap, I had my own screen made and with this set up I still have the wind feeling but none of the wind buffering that I would get from riding my old RT...amazing , this at speeds over 1??km (not all the time, these were test runs)

Also, without going into an indepth story I ended up with a complete Staintune exhaust system.....thank you Staintune....it rocks!

I'm about just under 6'3" and needed to change the seat, so I picked up a BMW High Comfort seat, thats the only downer with this bike is for guys like me the stock seat is a pain in the ass, mind you the high seat is better but not the ants pants , so I will later on customize the stock seat I have.

I'm hoping this works as I dont know how to post photos but I will put these links in of my
bike(s)

http://img18.imageshack.us/i/1302201141511.jpg/

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/11022011410o.jpg/

I wont be going back to old technology.

Cheers

enjoy your site and if I can add value in the future , thats cool.
dav
Lifer
Donating Member #: 798

Re: Greetings from another Oz owner

Post by dav »

Welcome aboard mate from a fellow Aussie 8)

What part of Oz are you from?

If you have any questions about seats/windshields you better get in touch with Kieran from South Oz, he loves these topics :badgrin: .

btw, great looking airhead mate.
2009 R1200R
1981 R65
1968 DUCATI 250 MK3
1975 Suzuki GT380
mogu83
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mogu83 »

erchin wrote:I wont be going back to old technology.
Cheers

Welcome aboard -- But you don't think we'll actually believe you won't be taking a spin on that RS on a pleasent weekend morning. When people ask me what was the prettiest BMW my answers is always a Blue 1977 RS, and that's a nice one.
Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358
Faylo
Lifer
Donating Member #: 978

Post by Faylo »

Welcome from another owner of the fastest color! 8) I also am liking the RS. I am dating myself, but I remember when those came out. They were quite a jump in technology with that fairing and that Rennsport Blue was always one of my favorites.
2010 BMW R1200R Alpine White (Need another. :()
1997 Kawasaki ZX11
1969 BMW R50/2 w/hack
Stef.
Lifer

Post by Stef. »

Welcome to the forum!
Stef.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
R1200R (2010)
Steve H.
Basic User

Post by Steve H. »

erchin wrote:Hi guys , I was a lurker but now I've exposed myself. This is the first new technology bike that I have ever owned. I enjoy the boxer twins and have a few older models that I restored and ride.

I have the fast colour ever produced a white R12. 2010 model , I know black comes a close second.

While a naked bike is cool , I really wanted to have a bikini fairing on the bike to take the edge off the wind , much like an R100S. I ordered a WUDO because the lines follow and suite the bike. I dumped Wudo's screen because it was crap, I had my own screen made and with this set up I still have the wind feeling but none of the wind buffering that I would get from riding my old RT...amazing , this at speeds over 1??km (not all the time, these were test runs)

Also, without going into an indepth story I ended up with a complete Staintune exhaust system.....thank you Staintune....it rocks!

I'm about just under 6'3" and needed to change the seat, so I picked up a BMW High Comfort seat, thats the only downer with this bike is for guys like me the stock seat is a pain in the ass, mind you the high seat is better but not the ants pants , so I will later on customize the stock seat I have.

I'm hoping this works as I dont know how to post photos but I will put these links in of my
bike(s)

http://img18.imageshack.us/i/1302201141511.jpg/

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/11022011410o.jpg/

I wont be going back to old technology.

Cheers

enjoy your site and if I can add value in the future , thats cool.
Welcome,from another roooky forumer!!!!! :D
Kieran R1200R
Basic User

Post by Kieran R1200R »

dav wrote:Welcome aboard mate from a fellow Aussie 8)

If you have any questions about seats/windshields you better get in touch with Kieran from South Oz, he loves these topics :badgrin: .

Welcome, nice bike!
I'm not going to get myself upset today, but give the seat a go!
I'm just hanging in here on this forum.
All you get is what screen do I fit and the seat is no good. F**K
Lets have a complete sepperate forum for that poo! #-o #-o #-o
erchin
Basic User

Post by erchin »

Kieran R1200R wrote:
dav wrote:Welcome aboard mate from a fellow Aussie 8)

Welcome, nice bike!
I'm not going to get myself upset today, but give the seat a go!
I'm just hanging in here on this forum.
All you get is what screen do I fit and the seat is no good. F**K
Lets have a complete sepperate forum for that -----! #-o #-o #-o

Thanks for the welcome,

Yeah the "old technology" thingo , that was just a throw way line

I'm from Sydney but have been living and working down here in Victoria for the last year and looks like I'll be in two states for remainder of this year. Nice riding down here in Vic thou.

cheers

:D