Which tankbag for new R1200R

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

TT RDHS
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Which tankbag for new R1200R

Post by TT RDHS »

Howdy,
I have a new BMW R1200R tank bag (that I've had for more than a year), the BMW price tag is still attached, it literally has never been mounted to a bike...
Here is a link with some really good pics of this model - http://www.teileineile.de/de/bmw-koffer ... uer-r1200r
The BMW part number is exactly the same - 71 60 7 695 236. ( their price is about the best I've seen. But mine is still a lot cheaper. )

I'd sell the tank bag for $200. (that includes shipping within the CONUS)

Or...

That being said, what I would really like is the SMALL "Moto-Fizz" tail bag from Aerostich http://www.aerostich.com/bags/seat-bags ... small.html
I would be willing to send you my BMW R12R tank bag, if you would then have aerostich send me a (new) small Motofizz tail bag.
That would save you some money on the deal.
Give it some thought.
If not, I'll be putting it up on flea-bay.
Ride safe!
Best regards,
Brad (TT RDHS)
Last edited by TT RDHS on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

celticus wrote:Why are you watching them Don? I thought you didn't like them.

Mark
They just appear when I run my "saved search" for R12R parts. And I didn't like the one I had.. although with the organizer I've seen, it might be tolerable.

My RKA bag - after about 55,000 miles is starting to show some zipper problems. Luckily it comes with a lifetime warranty, so I'll be sending it in to Robert this winter for a refurb..
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
celticus
Lifer
Donating Member #: 548

Post by celticus »

Don, What model do you use?

Mark
What is happening to my skin?
Where is that protection that I needed?
Air can hurt you too
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

celticus wrote:Don, What model do you use?

Mark
http://www.rka-luggage.com/A02%20Tankba ... Sheet.html - I think this used to be listed as an 11 liter, mebbe it grew a bit (would have to check dimensions to really tell.) I never use the top compartment expanded, but it is a great place to stash maps.. and mine doesn't have a "portal" which would be nice since I added a Burns MotoElectric USB charging port to the bike (for my phone and iPod..)

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/waterpro ... -usb-port/ <-- Burns Moto Electric review..

I tie-wrapped it to the frame above the port side throttle-body (sorta back by the rear of the TB cover) and it holds just fine.. damnably useful thing with all the electronic crap we drag around (did you know you can discharge an iPod so far that normal chargers won't charge it? I do.. finally found an HTC/Verizon charger that pushed enough current that it didn't shut off..)
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

regarding the bags-Connection Engage bag from SW Motech
Patch wrote: They changed the styling a bit - the new cavity for the mount system is located further forward then the old one which pushes the bag further back now. I have it mounted as far forward as it will go on the tank and it doesn't quite fit as good as yours.

I do like the bag - but wish it fit better.
There may be an R12 in my future and was looking for this topic.
I am using the same bag on my r1150r. Have been for a few years. When I got mine, it was necessary for me to attach the hardware to the bottom of the bag so I could position the attaching thing far enough rearward so that it would fit the contour of the tank perfectly. It did not come pre attached. It has served me very well, but in my view there is a design flaw--not a deal breaker by any means.
The attachable map pocket zips at the rear, closest to the rider. It would be better if it zipped on the side, because if you forget to rezip the map pocket and take off, the contents of the pocket will FLY out at speed. I know. Just remember to close it. But, a zipper on the side would eliminate that potential/real problem.

When/if the r12 comes my way I will re use the bag. I am thinking about getting a seamstress to move the zipper to the side and sew closed the rear edge.
John
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates