A sad farewell to one of the forums founder members...

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Re: A sad farewell to one of the forums founder members...

Post by jb44 »

Some made fun of him. I found him easy to talk to, and generous in sharing his motorcycling knowledge.

jb

rivi7777
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by rivi7777 »

For those that can attend:

Fry Memorial Chapel

550 S Central Ave,
Tracy, CA 95376-4622
1 (209) 836-1970
@ 2 pm Friday September 2nd.
MIXR
Basic User

Post by MIXR »

So sad to read this news.

Pat and I started up a casual friendship way back when the 'old' board existed. He was such a character. Larger than life as they say. We eventually parted ways after he changed bikes (several times!) depending on his job and financial state at the time. I never met him in person, but felt back then that I knew him as a friend. I know his life was troubled, but he always made room for another friend whenever it was needed and was always full of 'bad' advice! If ever there was a man passionate about his bikes, it was Pat. He gave me many reasons to laugh and helped me see the lighter side of some heavy stuff.

God speed old friend. Another one gone and another one worth remembering. Condolences to his family and friends.

Mick.
I ride an R1150GS Adventure with sidecar. IBA #39193
Britnheaven
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 246

Post by Britnheaven »

Cross posted from Advrider.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memorial Services will be held for Patrick "Rhys" Williams on Sept 2, 2pm at Fry Memorial Chapel in Tracy, CA.

Any questions email me at [email protected] and I will do my best to get back to you. Any great pictures or memories that you all may have, feel free to forward them to me and I will try and include in the service and DVD that we are making for this celebration of our time with Pat.

Please post over notification to the other sites Pat was a member of since he was a member of so many that I am unaware of.

I am a funeral director by profession and rode with Pat. The guy was one helluva rider and made me laugh.A lot. Many a times he made my life difficult in trying get around him on those twisties. Id always laugh when in town he couldnt straddle or touchdown with both feet at the lights. He would start rolling backwards and in turn I would roll backwards to accomodate. The oversize one piece riding suit. OMG, it was made for a 6' rider and we know Pat as what 5' something.I considered him a brother.

He was just a great person and so much fun to be around.

Hope you all can be there Friday,

Will aka willbkari2

Will
Bob the Madd Brit loose in CA....

Double Lifetime Member # 246
ebincia
Basic User

Post by ebincia »

Dreadful news...rest in peace Pat.
mnnden
Basic User

Post by mnnden »

I knew Pat from here at the net, he was a very interesting person, I wish I could have met him in person, RIP Pat, you will be missed! Den
We all gave some,
Some gave all.

Anonymous
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer

Post by CycleRob »

socalrob wrote:Put my passenger pegs down this morning for the ride to work, so a fellow rider could ride along, even if only in spirit.
Wow, what a great gesture that is. [-o< My passenger pegs will be down until 2012. If there really is an influential spirit-like afterlife, I hope Pat can use the Right-Wing enthusiasm we shared in our many E-Mail links to help save the USA. From his new vantage point . . . up there . . . it likely will be top of the list.

It was an ominous and sad moment when I finally deleted his E-Mail from my address book. :smt022 Gone but not forgotten.

`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
leahclark
Basic User

Post by leahclark »

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful posts about Pat. I want to share that there is a Patrick Williams' Memorial Page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/PatrickWilliamsMemorialPage

For Pat's Friends and Family, that would love to hear from you, please give the page a visit and leave a post.

Leah
[email protected]
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

Thanks for sharing this somber news Bob. Lots of familiar usernames in this thread, lots of memories. So sad to read.

Ride In Peace, Pat.

DSKYZD
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

RIP to the man who started my favorite sub forum..... :(
I wish I had the honor of meeting him in person...
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

I also stumbled upon this news on the advrider board and came here right away to find this thread. Like most of us who only knew him through this board and other forums, I always liked his attitude and enthusiasm for life. If he was on the Eastern seaboard, I am sure he would have been an important part of our gatherings, regardless of which ride he was on!

RIP Patrick.

Crap, we have lost two of the early characters that made this forum what it is in the last few months. Hope they are riding together somewhere!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Britnheaven
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 246

Post by Britnheaven »

Pat Williams, 57, passed away August 23 unexpectedly due to an initial motorcycle related injury.

Pat was born in Albuquerque, NM and was raised in the Sacramento area and attended Consumnes River College. Pat was employed by the State of California as a correctional officer and retired honorably from Deuel Vocational Institute. Pat will be remembered for his wonderful sense of humor and warm friendships with many. Pat was an avid sportsman beginning as a youngster as a champion springboard diver and then moving on to win championship medals in handgun competition. Pat's numerous interests included photography, art, motorcycling and hospitality among friends. He was an athlete who was always working to improve his sport. Pat loved life and shared it with all who were fortunate to know him.

Pat is survived by his father Gordon Rees Williams, mother, Lila Joyce Williams of Carmichael, CA. Sisters Joy Laurees Martello of New Hampshire and Kimberley Rees Waldorf of Reno, NV. As well as numerous close friends and comrades.

A Celebration of Life will be held Friday September 2nd at Fry Memorial Chapel, 550 S. Central Tracy CA, at 2 p.m. Memorial donations are being accepted at Valley Brew Family Restaurant, 157 W. Adams St. Stockton, CA 95204 and should be addressed to The Patrick Williams Memorial Fund. Deegan Funeral Chapels

www.deeganfuneralchapels.com
Bob the Madd Brit loose in CA....

Double Lifetime Member # 246
r12gecko
Basic User

Post by r12gecko »

Now another rider in the sky. Sounds like he was a good soul & left good memories - you can't ask for more than that when tragedy strikes...
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the war room!"
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I just noticed this, and what a surprise. Pat was one of the many larger than life characters that I met on this board. He will be missed.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

This is so sad. My heart goes out to his family---heck, many here are just that.

First Cam, now Pat.

Ride easy my friends, my brothers.
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
mnnden
Basic User

Post by mnnden »

Via con Dios
We all gave some,
Some gave all.

Anonymous
Chumley
Basic User
Donating Member #: 138

Post by Chumley »

A tragic thing and it brings reality home. No one is guaranteed immunity from the worst imaginable possibility, not even Pat. I will be a little more careful for a while but will probably fall back into my normal ways soon enough, but this will make me think just a little more.

Pat was one of the few people that I actually met in person after I met him in the old days at the 1150 site. I only met with him and two other members briefly that day at the International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo but he was certainly not a person you would forget.

Godspeed and may irreverence be the standard of life where ever he is.
I don't know of a break in period for life, I guess I'll just live it like I stole it.
Member #138
mcooperstein
Donating Member #: 2

Post by mcooperstein »

It's been one year since Patricks passing. I just wanted to make a virtual toast (using the finest brandy one can buy) to him. May he have all the bikes he can ride in heaven!

Mark
Member #2
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Here here!!!

[glass raised]

He was such a cool dude!!
Member #1
NoRRmad
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 388

Post by NoRRmad »

[clink!]
#388 '02 R1150R Black: The darkest color.