newbe

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

thumper
Basic User

newbe

Post by thumper »

Hi I'm just puting my toe in the water so to speak having just bought a R850R 04 model. I havent even picked it up as yet but thought i would sound you guys out.. :)
I havant seen any mention of R850R as yet so hope i'm in the right place....i don't quite know why i bought it and wonder if i have made a big mistake not going for a 1100 but it was a real bargain :D Having given up on a R1100s my real dream I let my head rule my hart here as in reality i use a bike mostly on B roads these days.
Anyhow my worry is i will find it a BIT slow.. :oops: so can any one here point me to gaining a little more emph from this otherwise handsome bike. :doubt: I gusse it would be dump the cat and a tuning chip/air box mod but were to find this stuff and would the result be worth the effort....anyone here helpo with this.

vince
uk
NoRRmad
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 388

Re: newbe

Post by NoRRmad »

You haven't even gotten it home, and already you're looking to hop it up?

Maniacs, these British, I tells ya!

We've got a few 850's in the group; you might try posting in the "Other BMW bikes" section.
#388 '02 R1150R Black: The darkest color.
thumper
Basic User

Re: newbe

Post by thumper »

Thanks
NoRRmad