Parabellum installed

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

Witch Doctor
Basic User

Parabellum installed

Post by Witch Doctor »

Well, I always wanted one on my 99RR, but never bit the bullet. So I did it with my 2000RR. I am quite happy with the Scout fairing, I went with an 18" windshield and it definitely quiets the ride from the stock BMW Windshield. Haven't taken it into triple digits, but at 90 their is no buffetting, even behind and to the side of big rigs. Definitely more like an RT Light. A fairly straight forward install, its rock solid, and the Charly's paint job is spot on. Well worth the money. A nice roundel to finish it off :lol:

"You are a unique person, just like everybody else!!” - Warren Miller
ICBMguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Parabellum installed

Post by ICBMguy »

Very nice! Been looking at a solution for the buffeting myself and might give this a try. Where'd you pick it up? My RR is your's long-lost twin, 2000RR same color scheme!
2000 R1100R Graphite & Ice Blue "Jasper"
Witch Doctor
Basic User

Post by Witch Doctor »

Ordered it from Charlie ar Parabellum LTD in Dahlonega, GA
Shakey
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 961

Post by Shakey »

Did you know that the word Parabellum is Latin and means "for War" (as in 9mm Parabellum)?

Hope that screen is bullet proof :D
Martin
Pas D'elle yeux rhone que nous!
Witch Doctor
Basic User

Post by Witch Doctor »

Shakey wrote:Did you know that the word Parabellum is Latin and means "for War" (as in 9mm Parabellum)?

Hope that screen is bullet proof :D
I thought the Latin was Para Bellum; meaning, "Prepare for War." As in Si vis pacem, para bellum or a Luger P8 :badgrin:
larrymotormon
Basic User

Post by larrymotormon »

[quote="Witch Doctor"]Well, I always wanted one on my 99RR, but never bit the bullet. So I did it with my 2000RR. I am quite happy with the Scout fairing, I went with an 18" windshield and it definitely quiets the ride from the stock BMW Windshield. Haven't taken it into triple digits, but at 90 their is no buffetting, even behind and to the side of big rigs. Definitely more like an RT Light. A fairly straight forward install, its rock solid, and the Charly's paint job is spot on. Well worth the money. A nice roundel to finish it off :lol:

Looks great. I like the way it tucks in between the directional signals. How high is it from the top of the
headlight to the top of the windshield. I'll bet it gets the breeze off your faceshield and helmet some. I used
to have a Parabellum on my good ole '80 R100T and it was great. Kind of a cop-looking shield, and it was
about 22 in. at the top... worked well.
Witch Doctor
Basic User

Post by Witch Doctor »

I am 6' 1" tall, and when I am on the interstate doing 80mph, I can ride with my face shield open and hear my IPod just as clearly as when my visor is closed. If I want to feel buffetting on my helmet I have to stretch my head upwards. It definitely makes the bike a whole new animal.

From top of the headlight to the top of the windshield is 22 1/2 inches.
Ton1959
Basic User

Post by Ton1959 »

It looks superb.
With the standard BMW screen I had lots of buffetting so I shortened it .