Dropped Some Cah Yesterday

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

fleuger99
Basic User

Dropped Some Cah Yesterday

Post by fleuger99 »

I dropped some cash on accessories for my upcoming 2200 miles trip and rode 236 miles in the process. I rode from home to Max BMW in New Hampshire (96 miles) to get a Throttle Meister installed and have them perform an oil change prior to my trip. The Throttle Meister was fantastic on my long ride home, no longer will I have a sore/sleepy hand after an hour on the bike.

I then rode 68 miles to RocketMoto to purchase and install a Sena SMH5. My riding buddy with whom I'm going on the trip has an SMH10 and suggested I get one. It allows intercom chat between all Sena models, has bluetooth for music streaming from one's phone and allows voice dial via one's phone. Also, if one has a Nav which I don't, it allows you to receive Nav voice directions.

The Sena unit took me two minutes to figure out how to use. It took the owner about 45 minutes to install the mike and speakers in my helmet and he did a great job hiding the wires. The unit cost $109 and he charged me half hour labour at $30.

Riding home I called my wife and chatted with her for 30 minutes. She said sound was clear and only getting on the highway and accelrating upto 5500 Rpm did she ask if I was revving the bike :D The ride home was 72 miles in 86F weather. All in all a good bike related day.
2012 R1200R | Grey Matt | Safety Pkg | TPMS | On Board Computer | Luggage Rack | VStream Shield