Football FINALLY makes sense...

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

rchop
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Football FINALLY makes sense...

Post by rchop »

Football FINALLY makes sense...........

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game.

They had great seats right behind their team's bench.

After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience.

"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants

and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why
they were killing each other over 25 cents."

Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest

of the game, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback!

Get the quarterback!' I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!
gelbe Kulter
Lifer

Post by gelbe Kulter »

Sounds vaguely familiar. :wink:
"Anyway, what I was a-tellin' was both bunchesful wanted that thing, and one bunch got it. And it made the other bunch just as mad as they could be."
"What it Was, Was Football."
- - Andy Griffith 1953

http://www.carolinafan.com/ar/02/020926 ... t_was.html
wncbmw
Lifer

football

Post by wncbmw »

"What it Was, Was Football."
- - Andy Griffith 1953
My late father's favorite comedy album!

"Have a big orange drink!"
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

It made sence to me after seeing this...no wonder they get such big crowds... :lol:

http://mmdownload.interoutemediaservice ... volley.wmv

Warning...a bit rude...(that'll get you watching it for sure).. :D
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

If you liked that one...here's another...(I'm starting to like football now) :lol:

http://www.sunecards.co.uk/celebrationv8.wmv

DJ
Gord
Lifer

Post by Gord »

DJ - no no no. That is soccer. REAL football is covered here -> http://www.nfl.com/

Go Chiefs Go
Gord

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. - No. 6
bakernks
Basic User

GORD

Post by bakernks »

I knew I liked you, MAN! I second the motion, GO CHIEFS

I have an autographed Priest Holmes regulation football by the TV, I'm ready for some NFL

And while I have everyones attention, har, har, may I ask kindly for 2 rules changes? NFL? Listening? want to improve the game? want to bring in new fans?
Here you go:
#1.NO teams can have domes, air conditioning, roofs or carpet. You play outside, on grass, as God intended. Rains where you live? Hire guys that can run good in the mud and get yourself a poncho. Too cold? Hire fat guys for your line, LL Bean has a sale on down coats. Too hot, poor baby, where you live? Plant some trees instead of wasting all that water on God Damn golfcourses.
#2 Shorten the preseason to 3 games, all you're doing is injuring players before they're needed with all this summer league 5 game preseason B.S.

Rant over. Go Chiefs.
2 spark BMW's: '04 R1150R, '05 F650GS
wncbmw
Lifer

football

Post by wncbmw »

Not much of a soccer (football) fan but I could learn if that happens much! :D
JCsman
Lifer

Re: GORD

Post by JCsman »

bakernks wrote: GO CHIEFS
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Go Chiefs? Are you nuts???? They haven't won the Superbowl since 1969. The next thing you'll say is Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk. They haven't won at football since.......the ball changed from Mamoth hide to pig skin.

(Sob, Lord help me, I'm from KCK, went to KU and love 'em BOTH!!!) :oops:
Gord
Lifer

Post by Gord »

JCsman wrote: Go Chiefs? Are you nuts????
Nope.

But you non-believers are!
Gord

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. - No. 6
JCsman
Lifer

Go Chiefs is right

Post by JCsman »

Don't take offense Gord, I'm nuts too.

I'm a long-suffering fan (I even rooted for the KANSAS CITY Athletics until they moved to Oakland and began winning) of Kansas City area teams.

No non-believers here. At least a fadingly hopeful believer. I walked into my (Alabama born and raised) son's room tonight and saw the KC Chiefs, KC Royals (baseball to our international friends) and KU penants I have supplied.

Hey, What's a few decades between championships? Wait 'til THIS year, Gord. :D :D :D
rchop
Lifer

Post by rchop »

DJ Downunder wrote:If you liked that one...here's another...(I'm starting to like football now) :lol:

http://www.sunecards.co.uk/celebrationv8.wmv

DJ
No...No...DJ. Over here we call that soccer :P But, I like the way they play it :roll:
Gord
Lifer

Post by Gord »

bakernks wrote:I knew I liked you, MAN! I second the motion, GO CHIEFS
Bakernks - nice to know that it is more than a choice in motorcycles that can generate bonds of kinship and civility between people!

Actually my wife and daughters think I am nuts.

I used to do the regulation NFL pools through highschool and university, but lost interest for a number of years after graduating. Shiftwork, marriage, a house - a whole lot of other demands on my time left me with precious little time to enjoy the game. And then I discovered fantasy football in 2000. It totally rekindled my passion for the game. Now I spend every Sunday from 11:00 - 23:00 in front of the big screen. We now celebrate American Thanksgiving just so that I can stay home and catch the two games on that Thursday (I of course also have to do the turkey, but that just adds to the fun of the day!). I now read as much about the NFL as I possibly can. I like to think the time and passion I invest in the NFL makes up for the crappy riding (i.e. none) that we typically get from late November on.

So although my family thinks I am nuts, they did go out last Christmas and bought me an autographed and framed Trent Green jersey that is now hanging directly above my desk in my office.

From what I have read, I suspect we will see a marked improvement in the KC Defence this year. Sure they won't be in the elite of the league (yet), but that improvement alone combined with the Chiefs offensive juggernaut should get them into the playoffs. If Kennison, Parker, and even Dante Hall can pick up the wide receiver game, then look out everyone else!

Now if only my other fav - New Orlean Saints - could get their act together...
Gord

Boxerboy
Basic User

Real football...

Post by Boxerboy »

Gord wrote:DJ - no no no. That is soccer. REAL football is covered here -> http://www.nfl.com/
Real football...no protective gear, action for 2 hours, full on body crunches and athletes "taking speccies"...real footy.

Get it here................
http://afl.com.au/
Cheers...and stay horizontal!
bakernks
Basic User

Gord's got it going on

Post by bakernks »

Yeah, think positive, Gord. R1150R, Chiefs, gravy on french fries, Eh? but please, no coleslaw at breakfast!! LOL
Larry Johnson finally took off the diaper, and Derrick Johnson on defense is going to put a serious hurt on those bums from Denver. I'm STILL not over Elway ruining so many of my games...errg
My brother in Kansas City has season tickets to Arrowhead, I get to go about once or twice a year and see the blue cloud of KC barbyQ over the stadium before a game. 40 yard line, upper deck, southside (no sun in the face), that's the place to be. This year better be the year...that offensive line is prime and past even, heck, Green is 35,36, and you know Priest is probably going to retire after this year at 32. But I'm happy just as long as we beat Oakland, Denver and Indy this year. Haven't done even that, yet.
2 spark BMW's: '04 R1150R, '05 F650GS
new2BMW
Lifer

Post by new2BMW »

Boxerboy,
I am a die hard American College Football fan with allegiance to the University of Oklahoma. Since I married a wonderful woman from Mexico City, I've been following futbol in Latin America, but I have to agree with you, Australian Football is incredible. I saw a few games during my time in Melbourne and Sydney. Those guys are psycho! Obviously, any sport with psycho players is real good.
Cheers,
Jeff in Japan
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Mark Twain
JCsman
Lifer

Rugby too

Post by JCsman »

Back when I attended school at Kansas University I knew some guys on the intermural rugby team. The had T-Shirts that read Ruggers have leather balls. I saw a few tgames. I had to agree.

Now there is a sport with high impact and limited armor.