Spiegler Brake Lines

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

philbytx
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Spiegler Brake Lines

Post by philbytx »

Has anyone fitted the Spiegler brake line kit S-BM0115 on their R1100R's?
Would appreciate any insight or "gotcha's" regarding the installation on my 2000 R1100R with ABS.

Many thanks
Phil C.
2003 R1150RT "DaRTh"
2000 R1100R "LeRoy
WineGuyD
Basic User

Re: Spiegler Brake Lines

Post by WineGuyD »

philbytx wrote:Has anyone fitted the Spiegler brake line kit S-BM0115 on their R1100R's?
Would appreciate any insight or "gotcha's" regarding the installation on my 2000 R1100R with ABS.

Many thanks

Did you already purchase the Spieglers? I was going to then at the last minute switched to HEL, basically because te fittings are stainless steel( with copper washers) which eliminates the potential for corrosion(on aluminum fittings) in the long run. I can give you feedback on HEL NOT Spieglers. BTW, when I was researching brake lines I found a lot of threads on MOA and Advrider.
Eli the wine guy
joelh
Basic User

Post by joelh »

Just ordered Spieglers and a new master cylinder for my 96. I rebuilt the master that was leaking when I got the bike. rebuild lasted 6 months.

I figured that as long as I was replacing the master, that it was a good time to install new brake lines. Should be in next week and I will be back on the road.
joelh
Basic User

Post by joelh »

BTW Wine Guy, I read your bost on BMW MOA about your mileage/dealership saga. I get about 40 mpg with my 96. When I am out for a ride, my light comes on at about 120 miles and it takes about 3 gallons to fill. In town, riding back and forth to work, my mileage drops to the low 30's

So it sounds to me like your mileage is now about where it should be.