Another newbie with a new ride...

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

soarsimon
Basic User

Another newbie with a new ride...

Post by soarsimon »

Yesterday I picked up an '02 r1150r in Atlanta Blue. This is my first beemer and even my first time riding one. I can tell that this is to be the beginning of a really long and satisfying affair. I love this bike!
I've had 7 other bikes before this one with my favorite being an '04 Multistrada 1000, but this ride is clearly unlike any other I've had. I can see how it rewards a rider who rides well, no sloppy shifts or lazy lines. It feels like a burly motard. I'm probably going to be pestering you guys pretty often with questions that I have, though I'll be sure to search the posts beforehand as I'm sure most of the info is in there somewhere. The bike has 49K miles so most of my issues are with maintenance and I'm sure that between the riders on this amazing forum and youtube I can get what I need.

So, thanks in advance for your patience with another noobie. But more importantly, why didn't someone TELL me to stop fooling around with all the "other" bikes out there and just get one of these... :D ? I'm looking forward to all the "catching up" ill be doing.
Roy1150R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1133

Re: Another newbie with a new ride...

Post by Roy1150R »

Congratulations. They are great bikes!
2002 R1150R
tiPirate
Basic User

Post by tiPirate »

Welcome!
sstein
Donating Member #: 25

Post by sstein »

I have an '02 r with just over 20,000 miles and love it. This is my second bike. First was a 1981 Honda CB900 custom. Another great bike. In-line four.

I love my Beemer. Proud owner. And this forum is awesome. Thanks to the forum, I have done way more maintenance than I would ever have thought.

Welcome, enjoy.
2002 R1150R
"Better is the enemy of good enough"
- my brother-in-law's brother
garylb
Basic User

Post by garylb »

congratulation....bought one myself on December 12. A 2002 with 28K in pristine condition. First BMW
rlprell
Basic User

Post by rlprell »

Just bought an 02 Atlanta Blue myself. Only 16k on the clock and coming freshly serviced from MAX. Can't wait for delivery.
Enjoy and Ride Safe!
Late to the party .... Just wanna ride!
02 R1150R Atlanta Blue
03 R1200C Phoenix
AdamDab
Basic User

Post by AdamDab »

2002 Single Spark 18000 miles
I'm am very happy with mine
I did a lot work on it so it's just the way I like it
Runs perfectly