Brand New Bike

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

rprothero
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 96

Brand New Bike

Post by rprothero »

Quick public Shout out for CycleRob..
Story goes I asked for some help in learning both the art of valve adjustments and throttle body synchronization . Met Rob at 11am and finished up around 6:30pm..Why you ask does it take so long to do those simple tasks..Because attention to detail is the key. With Rob's help we not only accomplished the two items above but..

He spent extra time to show me the nuances of both proper feeler gauge tensioning and the precision of a homemade Manometer (BTW blows away the 100 dollar carb sync tool I purchased)..I have homework to practice ..
Rob bored out a seized bolt holding the alternator cover. Apparently the last guy maintaining didn't bother to ensure the threading was correct when they drove in the bolt. 1 hour of time burned but now have a clean thread hole and rid of the now defective bolt.
Adjusted the throttle sync to almost a perfect match...
He also noticed my dampening spring was low on oil and replaced and set the tension so it fits a 250lb guy like myself..
Adjusted the air in the tires to proper pressure
adjusted idle down - again the last tech had set it way high >1300 rpm...
adjusted my fast idle switch for cold starts.
Intake tubing alignment adjusted from the chain tensioner spring I replaced
Check rear tire lug torque ( over-torqued of course by mechanic/airgun maybe)
set my clock to proper time (Never set after last daylight savings)
1 pot of coffee (columbian , high-test)
1 very friendly puppy (from the minute I got to the house..Great dog , but god help the Bad Guys)

All this for a nominal cost for service an enjoyable lunch at Pizza Hut with him and his wife and the chance to continue both learning and joint rides in the near future. Couldn't of asked for a better guy to meet. And even more appreciative of the folks on this forum for all their advice..

Thanks again for all your service today sir and for those that read this know CycleRob does some great work at reasonable rates ..Look him up if you are in the neighborhood...Bring him a six pack of Pepsi and a willingness to get dirty and you just may learn something great ...Ron C...This one is for you...

Raymond