Resale value ?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Acpantera
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Resale value ?

Post by Acpantera »

Just wondering what my bike might sell or trade for. It's a 2007 R1200R abs with 48,000 miles, it has new tires, brake pads, paralever boots, ball joint boot, heated grips, all fluids and filters along with a corbin seat(w/the stock one), wunderlich risers and mirror extensions, throttlemeister throttle lock and system bags.I know kbb lists trade just under 6 grand and retail just over 8 grand, but selling a bike with nearly 50k miles seems tough to do, most the roadsters I see for sale are low mileage garage queens selling for bluebook. Does anyone have any encouraging words on selling high mileage decent motorcycles?
ASK WHY
uncle BS
Basic User

Re: Resale value ?

Post by uncle BS »

the others will violently disagree with me but I WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH. the resale value is virtually non existant. worse than a rice burner. you get 8k for your bike you'll be lucky. that's one of bmw's very dirty lil secrets-- horrible resale value, and in the last 3 yrs bmw has definitely suffered and earned a reputation of poor customer relations... I could go on but the fanatics here would flame me.
Acpantera
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Acpantera »

Thats what I'm feeling. Most likely I would be lucky to get 6 grand for the bare bike, sell the corbin for 300 and bags for 700.
ASK WHY
Steve H.
Basic User

Post by Steve H. »

Acpantera,my personal opinion is:48,000mls on bike=well broken in,+extras=like brand new one.Obwiosly, never get that price what the bike is worth.It is so amasing,going to make lots of guys"boring"with long-long lasting quality and life to sell it.Well,this part is wery personal.Resale walue?I have no qlue.I will never sell myne.

Brgds,Steve H.