Belstaff no more

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

GryphBlues

Belstaff no more

Post by GryphBlues »

Hi Guys,

For those of you (like myself) who love Belstaff clothing, you better get it while the gettin's good. My buddy is trying to track down a Belstaff Discovery like mine and here’s a response from a UK dealer to his inquiry:

Unfortunately we no longer stock Belstaff garments as they are out of production and cannot be obtained.

Kind regards,

John Mitchell
SPORTSBIKESHOP

Apparently some Italian guy bought the name and is applying it to a new line of retro crap and discontinuing the motorcycle clothing line :cry: .

I love my Discovery and Pioneer pants. They are the best pieces of motorcycle clothing I’ve ever owned.

Tim
BobFV1
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by BobFV1 »

That's too bad - on the positive front, Fairchild Sports has purchased First Gear and Hein Gericke and are sort of doing a Mercedes-Chrysler thing, incorporating the best design elements and engineering (have you seen the Crossfire??)
Bob
2006 R1200GS ADV "Five Charlie"
arkline
Quadruple Lifer

Post by arkline »

on the positive front, Fairchild Sports has purchased First Gear and Hein Gericke and are sort of doing a Mercedes-Chrysler thing
So, are we gonna see the "Employee Discount pricing" thing?...

I just want one company, just one, somewhere in the known universe to make consistency in sizing across all its products a main attraction. That way I'd know ahead of time that the jacket that I'm buying would be sorta large or sorta small or have arms that go three inches beyond my finger tips but fit pretty okay everywhere else... :lol:
arkline #27
not THE Ron Kline

"No matter where you go, there you are."
collyers
Basic User

Post by collyers »

I've got a Silver Discovery jacket - maybe 8hrs in it. XL.
I haven't worn it in a year. Make me an offer - I can send pics.
clickfor big pic

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
chibbert1

Post by chibbert1 »

I can vouch for collyers - he's a good guy to deal with.

Chris
Leno

Post by Leno »

BobFV1 wrote:That's too bad - on the positive front, Fairchild Sports has purchased First Gear and Hein Gericke and are sort of doing a Mercedes-Chrysler thing, incorporating the best design elements and engineering (have you seen the Crossfire??)
Yes I have seen it and I am very worried about what I'm going to wear instead of HG.
Simon D

Belstaff

Post by Simon D »

I think you guys have been sadly miss-informed about the future of Belstaff clothing.The "Italian guy" mentioned has indeed purchased the brand but only in order to continue the production of Motorcycle clothing! The exact opposite of what you were told in fact.For the first time ever Belstaff now have a retail shop in London.
Don't have time now as I have to leave for work but I'm sure Belstaff will have a webbsite------- :wink: Cheers all Simon.
Boxerboy
Basic User

Post by Boxerboy »

http://www.belstaff.com/belstaff_english/home.html

Address is Italian...bottom of home page.

How do I delete this message?
Last edited by Boxerboy on Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers...and stay horizontal!
Boxerboy
Basic User

Post by Boxerboy »

http://www.belstaff.com/belstaff_english/home.html

Address is Italian...bottom of home page.

I just bought one of the original Belstaffs, unused, small size for my son, for $50.
Cheers...and stay horizontal!

Post by Guest »

Collyers, thanks for the offer. I've pased it on to my buddy. He only takes a Large, though.

Boxerboy, I've seen the new site, but I can't find any of the old motorcycle clothing, such as the Discovery or Challenger jackets. All signs seem to confirm that the new owner has killed the motorcycle line.
Lion_Lady
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Lion_Lady »

Check HERE, if you're interested. These folks seem to still have the men's Discovery: http://www.cyclextras.com/

I found this link on the BMWRA Rally page.

P
Simon D

Belstaff

Post by Simon D »