Dyno results

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

ROXTR
Donating Member #: 1

Dyno results

Post by ROXTR »

Took my Rockster over to the dyno yesterday to get a solid baseline with my bike's current mods. Bike has 22,XXX miles and running Amsoil 20w50 oil. Mods are as follows:

Lennie's Rocket Sprockets
Lennie's InDuct
UNI air filter
RS Intake ducts
Dobeck GEN3 fuel controller
Leo Vince SBK slip on with y-pipe
Brisk Spark plugs (main plugs)
No CCP

Next step: SJBMW 12:1 pistons and +1mm intake valves, maybe some cams.

Dyno sheet:

Overall I'm pretty happy at the moment, nice flat torque curve and the power doesn't fall off until the limiter.
Rockster
Gimbel | Sargent | AFXIED | LeoVince | BoxerPerformance | EBC | Metzeler | RS Ducts | UNI | Bitubo
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: Dyno results

Post by sweatmark »

Thanks for posting.

Did you get a baseline prior to any/all the mods?

I have Lennies sprockets en route from Australia, and using the AF-XIED for additional fuel.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
ROXTR
Donating Member #: 1

Post by ROXTR »

Unfortunately no. This is the first time it's been on the dyno. All of the mods have been added over the last 2 years. SJ BMW dynoed a stock R1150R and got 77hp and 70tq at the wheels. If I was using that for comparison I picked up 9hp and 1tq, but with a much better curve.

Rockster
Gimbel | Sargent | AFXIED | LeoVince | BoxerPerformance | EBC | Metzeler | RS Ducts | UNI | Bitubo
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Yeah, I'm counting on the Rocket Sprockets to work their low RPM magic, along with the smooth punch of the lower lambda.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
Roger 04 rt

Post by Roger 04 rt »

Great charts, fun stuff.

Here is a combination GS-911 and dyno lab analysis I helped make on an R1200GS, which goes on for 7 segments on that page. http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/u ... 71&page=27 Begin near the top of the page.

What it shows is that most inertial dyno tests would benefit a lot from making the pull in the highest gear so that the initial load was closest to actual road conditions, the second improvement would be to make sure there was a 15 ft-lb torque load on the engine while running at 1800 rpm, before the pull begins. That would eliminate the very lean condition seen at the start of your data.
RB