Pictures of underseat exhaust

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Bobby A
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Pictures of underseat exhaust

Post by Bobby A »

Hi guys,
I can't believe another summer is passing by without putting many miles on the bike. My job (NYPD Detective), twin boys both 16, Corvette cruises, yada yada yada...
Anyway, I have had several email requests for some detailed pictures of the exhaust on my bike. This morning before work I took some and I hope they help those that asked for them. I can post different angles if needed.
The cans don't get hot at all. Minimum popping, just usual downhill off throttle that "they all do" : )
The bike is a bit higher because of the shorter Paralever arm. This helps with clearance. I have ridden with two up and there has been no real clearance problems.
It sounds good, much much better than stock.
Hope it helps,
Bobby A

DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Thanks BobbyA....nice pictures....btw...looks like you've got a spring or two missing...or don't you need the lower ones going to the cans.

I would have liked to see a view from the top with the pillion seat off...any more plastic cutting going on there...any burning plastic smells... :D

Those have got to be the smallest rear indicators I've ever seen...better watch out a cop might get you..oh that's right..you are one.. :lol:

cheers

DJ
Bobby A
Basic User

Hey DJ

Post by Bobby A »

DJ,
No burning at all. They never really get that hot and I have been caught sitting in NYC traffic with the bike.
I am out the door shortly to enjoy the long weekend, but when I get back I will take off the seat and take some more shots for you.
Rear indicators may be small, however they are very bright 8) (don't know about legal) :shock:
Take care,
Bobby A
endure26

Post by endure26 »

Bobby--

What did you do to finish your wheels? Looks like polished lip, painted centers? Same question on the cylinder heads - are they powdercoated?

Thanks.

Telford

Post by Guest »

You get an "A'' for effort. All you need now is a shark paint job :) Seriously though, I give you credit for actually doing it. I do like your wheels a lot.
Bobby A
Basic User

Post by Bobby A »

endure26 wrote:Bobby--

What did you do to finish your wheels? Looks like polished lip, painted centers? Same question on the cylinder heads - are they powdercoated?

Thanks.

Telford
Telford,

The wheels and cylinder heads are powdercoated and the lips are polished. The handlebars, gas cap and various other bits are powdercoated blue also.
Bobby A
BobFV1
Basic User

Post by BobFV1 »

Bobby - unique bike! Thanks for the pics. I bet it's loud. The bike looks great without the rear fender.

I knew a Bobby A who worked Brooklyn South homicide about 7 or 8 years ago - I worked on an ICITAP exchange program with him in the former Soviet Union.

Stay safe.
Bob
2006 R1200GS ADV "Five Charlie"