Ditched the Remus and put the standard can back on.

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Taipan
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Ditched the Remus and put the standard can back on.

Post by Taipan »

I got T boned by someone jumping a red light recently. So I now have to have my bike inspected by an insurance assessor. To make sure its deemed road legal I took the Remus Revolution end can off and put the standard can back on. I left the Y piece on though.

I'm quite suprised to say that it feels to have more bottom end grunt with the standard can than with the Remus! I think the mid range may possibly be down a bit? But it does appear to have more inital grunt. Much better on throttle roll ons? Weird huh!
riceburner
Basic User

Re: Ditched the Remus and put the standard can back on.

Post by riceburner »

Taipan wrote:I got T boned by someone jumping a red light recently. So I now have to have my bike inspected by an insurance assessor. To make sure its deemed road legal I took the Remus Revolution end can off and put the standard can back on. I left the Y piece on though.

I'm quite suprised to say that it feels to have more bottom end grunt with the standard can than with the Remus! I think the mid range may possibly be down a bit? But it does appear to have more inital grunt. Much better on throttle roll ons? Weird huh!
Mine is the same way, I've found that with the baffle IN the Remus it also makes a difference - but max top speed is better with the baffle out. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Leno

Post by Leno »

Thats funny because I found the bike was better all over with the Remus. I still have the cat and buffle in so the differance is not huge. Mine is road legal so no need to change for MOT.
Taipan
Basic User

Re: Ditched the Remus and put the standard can back on.

Post by Taipan »

riceburner wrote:
Taipan wrote:I got T boned by someone jumping a red light recently. So I now have to have my bike inspected by an insurance assessor. To make sure its deemed road legal I took the Remus Revolution end can off and put the standard can back on. I left the Y piece on though.

Mine is the same way, I've found that with the baffle IN the Remus it also makes a difference - but max top speed is better with the baffle out. :)
I haven't tried top speed yet, but I can always add more fuel with the techlusion. 8)