Want to see how to ride a motorcycle?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

darthrider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Want to see how to ride a motorcycle?

Post by darthrider »

Wow, these guys are GOOD!
They must have all had the same training, it looks like the same rider each time.
Can you imagine what these guys could do on a Motard or sport bike!?
I'd love to take a police riding school...especially the one these boys did.
http://2st.dip.jp/bikemovie/src/up5837.wmv
Dave

I've spent most of my life on motorcycles, the rest I've just wasted...
new2BMW
Lifer

Post by new2BMW »

Dave,
Those guys are Japanese cops. They appear to be Tokyo cops, but I can't see their emblems very well.

You should see what these guys can do in traffic. They can lane split in heavy traffic at insane speeds, weaving and bobbing past trucks, rear-view mirrors and dozens of scooter riders without losing site of their victim.

When I was a kid riding dirt bikes, I used to elude the police all the time just by using the traffic against them. I could never ever lose one of these guys.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Mark Twain
Leno

Post by Leno »

Fine riding. Funny yesterday I had the slowest ride into work ever. The british bike cops are regared as good riders, but they can't filter for peanuts. And of course I was stuck behind one. Any slower and I would have fallen sideways.

Re: Want to see how to ride a motorcycle?

Post by Guest »

darthrider wrote:I'd love to take a police riding school....
You can, through Michigan State University's curriculum that is available for members of the public.
arkline
Quadruple Lifer

Post by arkline »

Pretty good stuff. Notice the way they use the suspension loading/unloading to help get around. Pretty cool. Leaned over far enough to drag a pannier, we boxer riders would be dragging so many bits...

There is a two part series on Motor Officer School in back issues of MCN. The things they have to do are worse than that video. Not to detract from the riders in the vid. Hell, I couldn't do that when I was sixteen. I sure can't do it now...
arkline #27
not THE Ron Kline

"No matter where you go, there you are."