LC seat review (2 of the 4 options)

Ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new 2015 r12r lc. R1200RS info goes in here too!

Moderator: Moderators

RedRyder
Donating Member #: 1065

LC seat review (2 of the 4 options)

Post by RedRyder »

There are 4 seat options for the new R LC. Standard, High, Low & Sport. The standard came on my bike and it felt to low and scooped for my style of riding, so I ordered the Sport seat. It is a very comfortable seat and is the highest of the the 4 options at 33.1". The Standard seat is 31.1". In the past, I never got comfortable on the stock 1150 R seat, so I used the Sargent on both the '02 and the '05 models I owned. So far the Sport seat feels great, but my longest ride so far was 4 hours with a 20 min. break. With the 4 options, I don't think you would have to purchase an aftermarket seat. If you order the R, you can get either of the 4 seats as part of the purchase. I couldn't wait, so I had to add on the price of the Sport seat.

BMW describes the Sport seat. "High & narrow for sport riding and also for riders of large stature".

Here are some pics comparing the Sport to Standard. The white stitching is kinda cool.

What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Johnny (Brando): Whaddya got?

2015 R1200R LC
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Re: LC seat review (2 of the 4 options)

Post by Doug »

Thanks for the info Red.
Member #1
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

Whatever I get for the replacement for my current '02 1150R, the knee angle will be a major issue. My old knees are killing my after long days on the R due to the cramped angle. I assume the raised seat helps this? Any input on how it feels on the knees.

I intend to ride the new R but at the moment, it is not on the radar too much because it is basically the same knee position that is agony for me now.

Thanks for any input!

Vann
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
richbmw
Basic User

Post by richbmw »

photo look really good
MrPMS
Double Lifer

Post by MrPMS »

I have the standard "low" seat and with a 30" inseam it's perfect for me. As for the knee angle, I added the Suburban Machinery lowered foot peg kit and now I'm very comfortable.